• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Halloween Tale" - group story

Started by Rico, October 22, 2010, 07:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadShot

"And just exactly what vision would that BE" the girl asked.
"Well Colette, it's a bit hard to describe.  It's better to understand...visually" said the old man. With that, he shepherded them to a small couch and directed them to sit. He then turned and announced "Everyone...everyone please, may I have your attention! Our guests have arrived and it is now time for us to begin". Sam and Colette looked at each other questioningly. As they turned back to face the gathered group, a large wooden door they had not noticed opened, and into the room stepped a rather tall slender man dressed exquisitely well. As he walked to the center of the room, all eyes were upon him.  When he began to speak, the sound that came out of his mouth was very melodious. Then he shattered Sam and Colette's reality...

davekill

As the his head cleared, and eyes focused the last of the tall specter was gone like the morning mist in sunlight. His stomach twisted one last time and he wiped his eyes dry.
"Are you OK? She asked a tinge of frightened concern in her voice.
"Yeah, I've got to give up those gas station chili dogs." " I don't know what's in em, but I was in no mood for a hard sell from another store associate!" "Who would have guessed there was an Apple store right next door?" He grumbled."
"Glad your little diversion worked and we slipped out before signing a two year commitment with AT&T." She shuddered.
He looked around to see they where alone again in the dimly lit sitting room of the old house. The embers sputtered and popped as the fire once again died away.
Still, he was a little embarrassed  that he had hurled twice that evening and quickly put the umbrella stand back in its place near the mantel.
"Well you had me scared Mr." She scolded him, her long blond hair pulled back as she looked at him from the settee."
He could see the bruise and angry red scrape on her forehead.
"What's the last thing you remember before waking up here?"
Now as curious about her as the reason for the note still folded in his pocket.
She held his handkerchief to her head and for a moment remembered the dark damp path up to the house and shadows passing before the windows.
"I heard voices  in the house and footsteps approaching on the gravel drive." "I was frightened so I climbed a tree near the front walk." "I must have slipped."
He shook his head. "And you received the same riddle this afternoon?"
She nodded yes.
"But why tonight of all nights?" "What sort of evil game are they playing?" He mussed "During a height of a full moon and the anniversary of last ...