• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Yet another Brit !

Started by Kobic, January 12, 2007, 12:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kobic

Hi everyone !

yet another invader from the British Isles Rico, resistance is futile  :borg

I have been listening to the podcast for about 4-5 months now. I love how much information you provide on a wide variety of Sci-fi subjects Rico, keep up the great work.

I am bang up to date on the shows now and am looking forward to podcast 100, when it comes around.

I have always been a big Star Wars fan but only started listening to podcasts last year, I play Star Wars Galaxies (SWG), a MMORPG and started listening to a couple of SWG podcasts called The Galaxy Report and Star Wars Galaxies with Yivvits and Mr Bubble.

Once I had realised how much fun podcasts were I then did a search for other Star Wars podcasts and found The Force Cast and one of Rico's Star Wars orientated shows.

I loved the format of the Treksf podcast and downloaded some more of the shows. The one that made the biggest impact on me was the review of Star Trek II, Wrath of Khan. Before listening to Rico's podcast I had watched a few episodes of DS9 and Voyager but wasn't "hooked" on Star Trek, but his review of the film got me interested and I went to the video store and picked up a boxed set of all ten Star Trek films...the rest as they say is history.

Some of the shows/films I like : -

Star Trek DS9
Star Trek II,III,IV
Star Wars IV, V, VI
Firefly

I live in London and listen to your podcast on the Tube on my way into work in the mornings. Thanks for all the hours of entertainment Rico and I hope you've finally managed to shift that cold of yours for the next podcast  ;)

Rico

Welcome aboard.  Great Britain continues the invasion of the forum!  I have to say I knew the UK had a good helping of Trek and Sci-Fi fans, and it sure is becoming obvious here.  I'm so glad you are enjoying the podcasts and it sounds like you have become more interested in Trek due to them.  That's one of my goals.  Hope I can continue to make the shows interesting for you.   :biggrin

Glynnpeters

Kobic , nice to see another Brit at the forum. Is not Treks in Sci Fi the most exciting podcast to download?! You know when the music starts up and Rico says  " Treks in Sci Fi"  does it not make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up? I always do the Vulcan greeting when I hear it. Probably just as well I am alone in the bedroom!
Peter

moyer777

Hey Kobic!  Welcome to the forums!

I've only been around here for a couple of weeks, but it really rocks!  I haven't been on a board where everybody gets along and loves the same shows as I do.  Pretty cool community, and I can't believe how much I look forward to the podcast!  Go figure! :vulcan

I too really enjoyed the Wrath of Khan podcast, it was one of my firsts as well.  And I bought this really cool external speaker for my ipod.  That way the family can listen as well when we are on longer trips in the car.   Very fun!

Anyway, welcome fellow Trekker---  at least from the Cold Coast of Washington State... glad to have you on board.

Rick

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Welcome... to Geeks are Us.. sounds like you'll fit right in. This is the best Sci Fi/ Fantasy forum around. As would be expected from a top notch Sci fi/ Fantasy podcast. Enjoy the community.

wso32

Welcome Kobic.  Glad to have you on board.  This a great place for all things Sci Fi.  Im sure youll enjoy it.