• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New Blu-Ray contest ideas

Started by Rico, March 15, 2011, 03:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

I think its because Bryan is a secret Brit and thus excluded as well. ;)

Jobydrone

The only problem with the iTunes review idea is that all good TrekSFers have already submitted glowing five star reviews on iTunes for the show long ago!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on March 16, 2011, 01:43:55 PM
I think its because Bryan is a secret Brit and thus excluded as well. ;)

I am the resident Anglophile. :)

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on March 16, 2011, 01:53:39 PM
The only problem with the iTunes review idea is that all good TrekSFers have already submitted glowing five star reviews on iTunes for the show long ago!

You can leave multiple reviews.. just do another one.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on March 16, 2011, 02:51:00 PM

I thought it was one per account?  (I mean you can update your review sure). 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Feathers

If we can't enter then you need a uniquely British question to make it difficult for all those in the colonies who can ;)

Maybe something related to British TV air dates (that can obviously be easily googled by anyone with an internet connection).

(Or for Bryan, award it to the forum member with the most pictures of their own nipples on the board here)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Jobydrone

Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on March 16, 2011, 03:14:17 PM

I thought it was one per account?  (I mean you can update your review sure).  

King

That's what I thought too. It's in place like that to avoid people spamming with multiple reviews.

My idea for a contest is something that might make Rico or our forum mods have to work just a tad bit harder for a minute or two.  The idea is to email Rico a suggestion, criticism, additional feature, or website alteration that you feel would best or most enhance the podcast, TrekSF website, or Trek SF community forums. Then Rico posts the entries without names and have the entire community vote on what they think would be the best one or one they would most like to see implemented (no voting on your own idea cheaters!)  The winner gets the prize and to see their idea implemented.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on March 17, 2011, 07:49:00 AM
Quote from: Kingisaaclinksr on March 16, 2011, 03:14:17 PM

I thought it was one per account?  (I mean you can update your review sure). 

King

That's what I thought too. It's in place like that to avoid people spamming with multiple reviews.

My idea for a contest is something that might make Rico or our forum mods have to work just a tad bit harder for a minute or two.  The idea is to email Rico a suggestion, criticism, additional feature, or website alteration that you feel would best or most enhance the podcast, TrekSF website, or Trek SF community forums. Then Rico posts the entries without names and have the entire community vote on what they think would be the best one or one they would most like to see implemented (no voting on your own idea cheaters!)  The winner gets the prize and to see their idea implemented.

Well I don't think having multiple reviews from the same person would be considered "spamming" but King is correct you can't leave multiple reviews.. only edit your previous review.

Rico

I have a little idea in my head taking shape, so I think I'm set.  Thanks for the ideas.

P.S.  Just to clarify on the US/Canada only thing.  That's due to the company providing the Blu-Ray sets and where they will ship to.

Jobydrone

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on March 17, 2011, 08:17:59 AM
Well I don't think having multiple reviews from the same person would be considered "spamming" but King is correct you can't leave multiple reviews.. only edit your previous review.

It would if someone is trying to harrass the creators of a podcast by leaving multiple one star negative reviews, or artificially inflate the ratings of one they like by leaving multiple five star reviews.  But it's okay Ken, your idea is great!  

billybob476

Quote from: Rico on March 17, 2011, 08:24:57 AM
I have a little idea in my head taking shape, so I think I'm set.  Thanks for the ideas.

P.S.  Just to clarify on the US/Canada only thing.  That's due to the company providing the Blu-Ray sets and where they will ship to.

I hope the idea is a dance off! Everyone can send in their best version of "doing the Rico".

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on March 17, 2011, 08:32:20 AM
Quote from: Rico on March 17, 2011, 08:24:57 AM
I have a little idea in my head taking shape, so I think I'm set.  Thanks for the ideas.

I hope the idea is a dance off! Everyone can send in their best version of "doing the Rico".

Holy cow Joe!  You need to be on that psychic network! ;)

billybob476

lol! Great minds...it popped into my head 5 seconds before I posted it.

Bryancd

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.