So what are you doing at work today?

Started by Rico, June 11, 2008, 06:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I thought it might be fun to do a quick post about what we are all working on today.  Whether it is at work, or home, or school, etc.

So what are we all doing today?

I'm working on some chemical formulation and solution problems.  Here's an example:

jedijeff

I have to schedule some monthly MS patching changes. Work on some website quarterly health checking. Also setup some copy jobs for our Webtrends website log reporting server.

billybob476

I just deployed a slight redesign to the product detail pages on www.pierredeux.com.

Now I'm prepping a bit for a conference call at 2pm where we'll discuss a complete redesign of the layout (I really dislike the current one). Then before the call I'll jump back to the development server and whip up some more new functionality per our roadmap.

Geekyfanboy

Today when I get in to work I will be digitizing tapes for episode 106, 107 and 108. I'll be finding clips and footage for the opening of the show. Maintaining six edit bays, two assistant bays, three story producer laptops and three logging systems. Finding interviews to send out to be transcribed, trying to keep six editors happy (that's a job in itself) and I get to work on the entire post schedule and see if we can catch up in post some how before the money runs out. Of course there are fires that pop up all day so some things I do are unpredictable .

Darth Gaos

I have a small commercial project that I have to finish designing and drafting today....could be a late night.  Lined up after that is city comments on a Walgreens site I am working on....Summer, the silly season of the development and construction industry...uggh!
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

billybob476

Quote from: Darth Gaos on June 11, 2008, 07:47:29 AM
I have a small commercial project that I have to finish designing and drafting today....could be a late night.  Lined up after that is city comments on a Walgreens site I am working on....Summer, the silly season of the development and construction industry...uggh!

Don't I know it!

"We want our new site live before the holiday season"

Story of my life.

Feathers

Currently reviewing a suite of customer requirements against our programme offering, checking for compliance (and common sense...but that's always the way :( ).

For those who are interested, these are aircraft navigation system requirements.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

I am working from home today waiting for our new stainless steel kitchen appliances to be delivered. Nice. :). I am logged on to the UBS remote ConsultWorks watching my client accounts, the market struggle against another pop in oil prices...my First Solar stock is up, though, may need to sell that....traded some Natural Gas stocks this am....everyday is a new adventure when you $50,000,000 in other peoples money to manage!

moyer777

I get to study the 2nd chapter of Colossians, do a quick historical check on a couple of cultural behaviors from that time period and modify a press release to the local paper for next weekend.  I have a wedding ceremony to fine tune and print off, fill out the couples marriage certificate and prepare for this weekend's wedding.  I need to set up an appointment with a missionary friend of mine from Haiti and then tune my guitar for the prayer meeting I lead tonight at 7 in the upper room.  I also have to check on a few things in our bylaws for an Elders meeting early tomorrow morning. I get to encourage the staff today and check on various projects that are going on.  I'll do my callbacks and email this afternoon before six.   All of that and prepare for the Father's day service at the church- I don't preach this weekend so it's not as intense as it usually is.

Phew!

I love my job!   ;D

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

I (being a few hours ahead of you guys) spent the day avoiding (yes can you believe it) promotion.

Feathers

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on June 11, 2008, 09:35:42 AM
I (being a few hours ahead of you guys) spent the day avoiding (yes can you believe it) promotion.
Tell us more!

Meds

Ha ha, well i work as a production engineer but I've been doing the engineering side of things for around 14 years now and I'm tired of doing it. I studied computer stuff and a couple years of law so my mind is more office focused.
Well my company have decided to start shifting people around a bit as others are retiring. Well i have made it clear I'd like to represent the company and not do anymore engineering. Alas they seem to think I'm good at it but i don't want to do it anymore. Plus i can't stand the bloke who would be in charge of me, and he doesn't like me so not a ideal package. I've put other peoples names forward who i think would do a very good job in the hope they will leave me be. If they push me, then i will leave.

Feathers

Ouch, slightly uncomfortable...but flattering in an odd sort of way I suppose.

If you're that good at something you don't want to do, persuade them to think how good you'd be if you got the chance to really engage with something you wanted to do!

KingIsaacLinksr

Do you really want me to describe what we do at Taco Time? 

OK! 

lol. Mostly, I tend to be the person behind the cash register and do dishes and clean the garbage cans etc.  So exciting I know. ;)

Maybe Fred Meyer will be more fun....

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

sheldor

Work ?!!  work ??  what's that ?? :)