Dad shoots daughter's laptop

Started by Rico, February 14, 2012, 08:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Man, I love the Internet!  Some of you probably already know about this, but I guess a teenage girl posted up some complaints about her parents making her do chores and things on Facebook.  So the dad gets a bit upset and not only shoots his daughter's laptop up, but posts a video of him doing it on YouTube!  Remember when people used to keep some things private?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/02/fed-up-north-carolina-father-shoots-daughters-laptop/

Rico

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

Quote from: Feathers on February 14, 2012, 08:38:33 AM
Did he then buy her a new one?

He says at the end she can buy one when she saves up enough money.

Rico

Quote from: billybob476 on February 14, 2012, 08:47:38 AM
Quote from: Feathers on February 14, 2012, 08:38:33 AM
Did he then buy her a new one?

He says at the end she can buy one when she saves up enough money.

The article also says a local place offered her a job.

KingIsaacLinksr

I also wonder if he did this intentionally to get attention.  I don't see any reason to put this publicly on the web, as he could have kept it strictly in his social circle on Facebook.  it just....feels almost over dramatic. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

X

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on February 14, 2012, 09:18:12 AM
I also wonder if he did this intentionally to get attention.  I don't see any reason to put this publicly on the web, as he could have kept it strictly in his social circle on Facebook.  it just....feels almost over dramatic. 

King
He didn't put it on the web directly. He put it on his daughter's page and it spread from there.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on February 14, 2012, 09:18:12 AM

King

He didn't do this for publicity.. like X said he posted this on her facebook to embarrass her in front of her friends. It went viral on it's own because it's awesome. It's a warning to kids if your parents are tech savvy don't trash them online or pay the price.

Dangelus

"Hello Tech Support?"

"Yeah, my laptop's shot..."

Lol

KingIsaacLinksr

Heck, there have been laptops I've wanted to put out their misery lol. 

King

billybob476

Either he's really good with that .45 or it has a lot less kickback then I thought it would have.

Meds

davekill

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on February 14, 2012, 12:51:02 PM
You crazy Americans ;)

Harry Callahan: I know what your thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only..."

bevs_plaything

Quote from: billybob476 on February 14, 2012, 11:16:44 AM
Either he's really good with that .45 or it has a lot less kickback then I thought it would have.

I bet his daughter will think twice before she shoots her mouth off in the future!  Imagine expected her family to pay her for during her chores!!

In the States I found my mate's .45 was easier on it's recoil than his .40!  There are many factors that affect recoil.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: bevs_plaything on February 14, 2012, 02:13:46 PM
Quote from: billybob476 on February 14, 2012, 11:16:44 AM

I bet his daughter will think twice before she shoots her mouth off in the future!  Imagine expected her family to pay her for during her chores!!

In the States I found my mate's .45 was easier on it's recoil than his .40!  There are many factors that affect recoil.

*coughs* if I had a nickel every time a teenager wanted to be paid for chores I'd be rich by now....

King