• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Full Sandman costume..I have gone full nerd!

Started by Bryancd, March 20, 2012, 03:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Well, as promised, here's the whole shebang! I'm really happy with how this all turned out. I have wanted to be a Sandman since I was 8 years old and saw the movie in 1976 and read the film novel a dozen or more times. 35 years later, i got my wish. Enjoy my mighty nerdness!   :big grin

http://youtu.be/wOuzgrAMKt8

Rico

Holy frak!  That is really great looking Bryan.  The whole ensemble is really amazing.  And the working deep sleep gun is just the icing on the cake.  Definitely should be proud of this!  :)

Bromptonboy

Pete

Bryancd

Now I need to find excuses to wear it. May need to travel to the cons in CA and costly with Kenny!

turtlesrock

that looks amazing! wearing it to cons would certainly be a hit!

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on March 20, 2012, 04:19:44 PM
Now I need to find excuses to wear it. May need to travel to the cons in CA and costly with Kenny!

There's always Halloween too!

M-5

Jobydrone

I thought from the title you were going to look all cool and goth like Neil Gaiman's Sandman...but no, just a regular nerd ;) ;)
just kidding Bry, that's awesome!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Awesome Bryan, I expect you to be wandering around SDCC with Kenny, can a Sandman chase a Hobbit?

Bryancd

Quote from: Jobydrone on March 21, 2012, 06:08:31 AM
I thought from the title you were going to look all cool and goth like Neil Gaiman's Sandman...but no, just a regular nerd ;) ;)

I am so out of the whole comic book thing, I never even thought about that! Is that where that's from?

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on March 21, 2012, 06:14:10 AM
Awesome Bryan, I expect you to be wandering around SDCC with Kenny, can a Sandman chase a Hobbit?

Only if he refuses to go to Carousel and renew!

MARKO

Bryan ... that is awesome!  your full on nerd, from now on you will be know as " SAND MAN"  or "the SAND MAN " I see personalized license plates in your future.

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bryancd on March 21, 2012, 06:29:01 AM
Quote from: Jobydrone on March 21, 2012, 06:08:31 AM

I am so out of the whole comic book thing, I never even thought about that! Is that where that's from?

There's the original silver age Sandman which was kind of a Batman-esque crimefighter in a trenchcoat and gas mask.  But the one I'm referring to is the more recent one, where Neil Gaiman created an incredible universe populated by the "Endless", personifications of Death, Destiny, Despair, Delirium, Destruction, Desire, and the title character, Dream, also known as the Sandman.  It's a fantastic, wildly popular series than ran for 75 issues in the 90s, not including spinoffs and one-shots.  They've all been collected several times in graphic novels, and even if you're not a comic fan in general I think you'd really enjoy reading this just for the brilliance of the writing and artwork.  Check it out Bry, and if you do...you can start with the second volume "A Doll's House" which in my opinion is the best of the series, and would make you want to go back and read the whole thing.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Feathers

Nice. I have fond memories of the film and TV series and the whole Sandman look. You couldn't try that act over here though. The gun would get you arrested!

How hard was it to actually wear a shirt for that video? ;)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

Quote from: Feathers on March 21, 2012, 08:59:06 AM
How hard was it to actually wear a shirt for that video? ;)
\
Sheer torture. I may have to modify the top to the post cub encounter ripped version Michael York wore. :)