• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

HBO's Game of Thrones

Started by Bromptonboy, August 18, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Praxis

Quote from: ChrisMC on June 06, 2013, 05:00:14 PM
Wouldn't it? They certainly are setting it up more and more, especially in the last episode of the show.

I really like how they've condensed/simplified supernatural things for the show. Like how warging works, also combining others and wights (it seems) to keep things easy. Works well.

Rico

Bromptonboy

Hmmm..really wondering where they will leave off from the book.
Pete

Bromptonboy

Good season finale - but honestly, I think they should have reversed the last two episodes.
Pete

X

Quote from: Bromptonboy on June 09, 2013, 08:10:50 PM
Good season finale - but honestly, I think they should have reversed the last two episodes.
I think that the beat was fitting considering the wait for what's to come and the ramifications of all of this. I wanted more, but I see how my mood is far better at the conclusion this week.

ChrisMC

Quote from: Bromptonboy on June 09, 2013, 08:10:50 PM
I think for the general viewing public it would be a HUGE bummer to end on that, and then have to wait 9 months. This finale was good because it set up the next season very well, without cliffhangers.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bromptonboy

I had my teeth set for Joff's wedding as the finale..

[spoiler]I guess they will open with that next season - and with Tyrion's trial & dealing with Tywin as the closer for season 4.
I almost felt sorry for Theon!
My biggest disappointment with the episode was how Bran got under the wall.  I wanted to see that door open and see 'cold hands' the guide.  Interesting that Sam wasn't sworn to secrecy about Bran being alive..[/spoiler]
Pete

Jobydrone

I don't understand why Jon...[spoiler]didn't recognize his brother's dire wolves and realize that Bran and Rickon had to be close by.  I guess if Samwell spills the beans, with the fate of Westeros threatened by the White Walkers, Jon's oath would prevent him from going after them, but it just felt like a disconnect to me not to address it at all.[/spoiler]
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

One other disconnect I picked up:
[spoiler]Jon was mounted - albeit wounded - to Castle Black.  Sam was several days behind him, and on foot - with Gilley & the baby - and managed to beat Jon back to Castle Black..[/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

Pretty cool finale for the season.  But I'm still waiting for some payback - since season one!

Bryancd

I am so watching this in the off season although I have an odd feeling I might be with Rico on my thoughts about the show.

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on June 10, 2013, 04:52:29 PM
I am so watching this in the off season although I have an odd feeling I might be with Rico on my thoughts about the show.

It's been probably the hardest series I have ever watched.  It breaks all my normal rules for entertainment.  Namely - don't mess with kids or animals.  Even "The Walking Dead" in a way hasn't been quite this hard to handle for me.  Maybe reading the books would have made it easier.  But, I feel kind of committed to see it to the end now.

Bryancd

Exactly why I think I will find this a challenge. I recall so distinctly a while back on the podcast when you mentioned that animal abuse, especially dogs, and I was like "I'm out!".

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on June 10, 2013, 04:58:50 PM
Exactly why I think I will find this a challenge. I recall so distinctly a while back on the podcast when you mentioned that animal abuse, especially dogs, and I was like "I'm out!".

Definitely still give it a try Bryan.  I always say everyone should make up their own mind.  Heck, I'm still with the show but it ain't been an easy ride.

X

Rico, not only are they breaking the rules, but aren't you wishing that a certain kid get killed?