• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

HBO's Game of Thrones

Started by Bromptonboy, August 18, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

We have been waiting for Season 3 on Netflix.

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bromptonboy on April 03, 2013, 03:36:06 AM
Quote from: Jobydrone on April 02, 2013, 01:45:04 PM
I just this minute finished watching the last 45 minutes of the last episode of Downton...how horribly sad!  This writer must absolutely despise poor Mary and the Crowleys in general...he's so mean to them all! 
OT:  My wife and I just started in on Season 3 of Downton.  She loves the show and has converted me.   Where do you watch them?  Is season 3 streaming any place?  We have been watching on Amazon, but have to pay for the 3rd season.
Comcast has all three seasons on demand if you have a package that includes Streampix.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bryancd on April 03, 2013, 05:25:03 AM
We have been waiting for Season 3 on Netflix.
More OT on Downton Abbey:  You will be waiting a long time, Amazon has an exclusive on the series wrapped up.  Vudu will be streaming it through June 8 and then it will only be available on Amazon.

edit to add:  PBS was streaming season three for free but that ended at the beginning of March...Amazon Prime requires TV Pass for sesason three which is an extra ten bucks (not sure if that extra ten bucks lasts for the whole year of Prime).  I've seen some blogs and websites that were streaming the series as well but I'm pretty sure these were links to the PBS streams and are no longer available but it might be worthwhile to search around
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Thanks - I'll have to check Verizon on demand, but I am not optimistic. 
Pete

Feathers

I'm afraid to say that I deliberately missed the first ep this time around and fully intend to drop GoT.

I know I said this last time and ended up watching anyway but this time I really, really mean it... honest... I won't watch... probably...

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

I still haven't gotten around to watching it, though having read the books I don't worry much about spoilers :)

Bryancd

I have Amazon Prime but I don't feel like watching it on my iMac.

billybob476

Bryan do you have a Roku? Not too expensive and you can get Amazon Prime, Netflix and a lot more services on it.

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on April 03, 2013, 08:12:44 AM

So, watch it in bed on your iPad!  You can watch Amazon Prime shows with their app on your iPad.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on April 03, 2013, 08:30:03 AM
Quote from: Bryancd on April 03, 2013, 08:12:44 AM

So, watch it in bed on your iPad!  You can watch Amazon Prime shows with their app on your iPad.

LOL! I know but Jamie and I watch it together and that's a little tough. :)

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on April 03, 2013, 08:14:51 AM
Bryan do you have a Roku? Not too expensive and you can get Amazon Prime, Netflix and a lot more services on it.

No, we have Apple TV...silly. :)

Rico

Apple TV can't do half the things a Roku box or TIVO can do.  Buy some real technology Bryan.  ;)

billybob476

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on April 03, 2013, 08:46:57 AM
Flame war!!! :D

I can't even argue it because it's true! :) We have had it for 2 years and in general it's all we need but it ceratinly limited relative to Roku but it was really easy to use at the time. I'm waiting ofr a web based browser built into a TV. :)

Feathers

Can't you stream video from an iPad app to an Apple TV?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.