• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

HBO's Game of Thrones

Started by Bromptonboy, August 18, 2009, 06:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Quote from: Bromptonboy on June 20, 2011, 08:03:39 AM
Final episode was amazing!  I am working my way through the 2nd book right now.  I read they will start filming the next season in Belfast starting 7/25.

One minor annoyance:
[spoiler]I don't recall in the book -Jaime confessing to Catelyn Stark about tossing Bran out the window.  Am I remembering this right?[/spoiler]

yeah,

[spoiler]You're right, that didn't happen in the first book.[/spoiler]

I'm also working my way through the second book.

X

Final episode was amazing!  I am working my way through the 2nd book right now.  I read they will start filming the next season in Belfast starting 7/25.

One minor annoyance:
[spoiler]I don't recall in the book -Jaime confessing to Catelyn Stark about tossing Bran out the window.  Am I remembering this right?[/spoiler]

To answer your question:

[spoiler] It didn't happen in the first book, they didn't have that meeting. However, Danerys surviving the fire with hair is something else that they changed.[/spoiler]

Bromptonboy

Quote from: X on June 20, 2011, 09:48:06 AM

One minor annoyance:

To answer your question:

[spoiler] It didn't happen in the first book, they didn't have that meeting. However, Danerys surviving the fire with hair is something else that they changed.[/spoiler]
Yes but...
[spoiler]I was happy at least the fire didn't spare her clothes....   ;) ...isn't that terrible of me!  :)  [/spoiler]
Pete

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Bromptonboy on June 20, 2011, 11:12:12 AM
Quote from: X on June 20, 2011, 09:48:06 AM

One minor annoyance:

To answer your question:

Yes but...
[spoiler]I was happy at least the fire didn't spare her clothes....   ;) ...isn't that terrible of me!  :)  [/spoiler]

Lucky for you they made her older in the TV series then in the books.. or that would be a terrible thing. :)

Bromptonboy

You are right about that Kenny!  People might that the ex-Rep Weiner is posting here.   ;D  ((uh-oh...did I say that out loud?))
Pete

billybob476

Yikes yeah.

Book 2 comment below so double spoiler warning.
[spoiler]
Not to mention what Joffery does to Sansa in book 2. Sophie Turner is only 15.  :o
[/spoiler]

X

Quote from: billybob476 on June 20, 2011, 11:42:44 AM
Yikes yeah.

Book 2 comment below so double spoiler warning.
[spoiler]
Not to mention what Joffery does to Sansa in book 2. Sophie Turner is only 15.  :o
[/spoiler]

I've given serious thought to that.

[spoiler] It won't happen. I think that they are going to infer what happens, but not show it. Perhaps they will cover it up with another scene not in the books like the Jamie scene.[/spoiler]

ori-STUDFARM

I didn't think I would enjoy the series finale. With everything going on, there was no way that they could resolve any of the, what I consider, main storylines.

I was wrong. These main storylines are continuing into the next season at the very least. But I love that ending.

[spoiler]It's something I wanted to see happen the minute we saw the dragon eggs. And it more than paid off for the lack of resolve to all the political wars kicking off.

I would say this whole series has been more of an introduction to this world and it's characters. More like a prologue of what is to come. Can't wait for Season 2 when it should no doubt, really kick off![/spoiler]

Bromptonboy

Making progress on Book 2:

[spoiler]During one of Tyrion's POV chapters - I get a sense that Cersei is having incestuous relations with her cousin.  They haven't explicitly stated it, but you get the impression that Tyrion suspects.  Maybe it will be clearer as I read on.  GRRM is one of the series producers, so he must be authorizing these book crossover bits.[/spoiler]
Pete

KingIsaacLinksr

Crazy to think that this is only season 1...I liked this episode well enough.  Season 2 is setting up to be one crazy as heck season.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

stonut

THe Storm about a Certain  characters outcome has been spreading round the interweb, there are a lot of un happy people out there.

billybob476

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on June 20, 2011, 11:45:03 PM
Crazy to think that this is only season 1...I liked this episode well enough.  Season 2 is setting up to be one crazy as heck season.

King

Well, book 2 is called "A Clash of Kings" so based on that and the events of this season, make your inferences :) It should be good!

QuadShot

Oh MY! Two things about this last episode:
It was awesome
It sucked
[spoiler]Ok, by sucked I mean that it ended for the season! I can't wait for this to start up again. I am so hooked that I'm reading the first book now on my iPad. And plan on buying the rest. I KNEW those dragon eggs would hatch into dragons. That was so cool. This really is an epic show and I know that a lot of people don't like it, but it really does have a good story to it. Rock on![/spoiler]

Feathers

Two episodes to go for me and I think I e worked out what keeps me coming back to watch.

I'm sure X has probably said this somewhere but for me, it's te fact that there are no heroes that makes it intreating. Some heroic stuff goes on but it's just about all motivated by enlightened self interest. To that degree there are perhaps greater parallels with reality than in a lot of TV and I think that's what intrigues me.

I done necessarily like it all (story or production in some cases) but I am interested in it if that makes any sense.

(Originally, I was mostly watching just because Seam Bean was in it.)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

Quote from: Feathers on June 21, 2011, 09:01:56 AM
Two episodes to go for me and I think I e worked out what keeps me coming back to watch.

I'm sure X has probably said this somewhere but for me, it's te fact that there are no heroes that makes it intreating. Some heroic stuff goes on but it's just about all motivated by enlightened self interest. To that degree there are perhaps greater parallels with reality than in a lot of TV and I think that's what intrigues me.

I done necessarily like it all (story or production in some cases) but I am interested in it if that makes any sense.

(Originally, I was mostly watching just because Seam Bean was in it.)

I guess that's the thing, it's probably as close to "real life" as a medieval fantasy series can be, at least when it comes to people's motivations. Some people are relatively good and noble and are forced to do bad things because of circumstances, other people are just jerks :)

This show is awesome.