• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Spotify - music

Started by Rico, July 19, 2011, 08:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Got my official invite today, so I'll be trying it out this weekend.

Ktrek

Unfortunately there are a lot of things I have searched for that are not available but then there are a lot of things which are. The service seems pretty good. The commercials are a little obnoxious and it might be worth upgrading to the $4.99 a month rate just to be free of them. I hate listening to a symphony and between movements get two commercial interruptions. I know they can't offer it free any other way but the commercials are about 15% louder than the music streams.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

This is pretty fun!  What shocks me the most is how darn fast songs can be started.  It is basically instant.  Search for a song and click play.  Granted I'm on my PC, with a wired net connection, but that still is darn impressive.  Even iTunes preview songs don't start that quickly.  I may just have to subscribe to this.

Ktrek

Quote from: Rico on July 22, 2011, 06:02:39 PM
This is pretty fun!  What shocks me the most is how darn fast songs can be started.  It is basically instant.  Search for a song and click play.  Granted I'm on my PC, with a wired net connection, but that still is darn impressive.  Even iTunes preview songs don't start that quickly.  I may just have to subscribe to this.

I agree it is really fast. Granted I have FIOS internet service and the fastest connection Verizon offers but I have seen no lag time in search or play.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Ktrek

Anyone want a Spotify invite? I have four left to give out to friends. Drop me a PM if you're not comfortable posting your email address here.

Keviv