• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Karen the Drummer

Started by davekill, October 11, 2010, 04:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

With such a rich voice -
She said she was always a drummer first and a singer second.
I liked her best when she did both.

Such a tight performance. Perfection!
Richard brought his music professor from school to conduct the backstage orchestra on this tour.
Hope he got an A.

Carpenters - Bacharach Medley Live Part 1

Carpenters - Bacharach Medley Live Part 2

KingIsaacLinksr

She was a real talented artist.  I've been able to listen to a CD of her.  Her voice is perfection...if any girl sang to me with that voice in real life, I'd probably melt into a puddle. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Yep, Karen was VERY talented.  Awesome voice!

Vartok

Yay, as a young lad* I had the real pleasure of hearing her and Richard in a live concert while in school and had my one and only crush!  (even though I had a girlfriend with me as a date).  By then she was off the drums but able to roam the stage more and take in the audience.

Such a bummer that she died so young, would have loved to have grown older with her CDs coming out every now and then.

What brought this on?  some kind of anniversary of her passing?

V

*when not a Scurrilean!

loutzee

What a great musician,I take it Richard Carpenter is still with us.
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."

davekill

Quote from: Vartok on October 21, 2010, 05:22:48 PM
Yay, as a young lad* I had the real pleasure of hearing her and Richard in a live concert while in school and had my one and only crush!  (even though I had a girlfriend with me as a date).  By then she was off the drums but able to roam the stage more and take in the audience.

Such a bummer that she died so young, would have loved to have grown older with her CDs coming out every now and then.

What brought this on?  some kind of anniversary of her passing?

V

*when not a Scurrilean!

Her what?! You mean she's gone! (Sorry)

No, just a slight case of nostalgia brought on by the surprising amount of Carpenter videos on Youtube.
Maybe a new generation of little Scurrileans (Scurrilie?) will discover them.

These kids where a real anomaly.
With ZERO formal music or showbiz background to start, they where both Millionaires by their early 20's.
Their music was considered to be very un-cool in the 70's by me and everyone else - But someone was buying it.
Unfortunatly this lead to Donny and Marie, The Captain and Toenail, etc. etc. (oh the pain...)

Quote from: loutzee on October 21, 2010, 06:22:48 PM
What a great musician,I take it Richard Carpenter is still with us.

Richard turned 64 Oct 14 and is still composing and doing a little touring.
I think I read that after his sister passed away, he got married and raised five kids.

Thanks for commenting you guys.