• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Happy First Contact Day!!!!!

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 05, 2007, 12:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

I know we still have 56 years to go.. but it's never to early to start celebrating.  :cheers

First Contact Day is celebrated throughout the United Federation of Planets to commemorate the first official contact between humans and an extraterrestrial race which took place on April 5th, 2063. On that day, Zefram Cochrane successfully tested his warp drive engine and the resulting warp signature attracted the attention of a nearby Vulcan starship which immediately initiated contact with the slightly inebriated Cochrane.

Of course, we all know there is more to the story than what is contained in "official history." In fact, Cochrane was assisted by the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise-E who had traveled back in time to thwart an attempt by the Borg to change the history of mankind by circumventing the first successful warp flight of Cochrane's ship, the Phoenix.

JoSpiv

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Darkmolerman

...I feel so weird but...HAPPY FIRST CONTACT DAY /put on annoying rock music
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Rico

So Cochrane was about that age in First Contact.  So the inventor of warp drive could be alive now.  Hehe...

Darkmolerman

Hmm...how old would he be? 15 or 16?
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper