• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Lost Season Six - The Final Season

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 06, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedijeff

That was a great Episode, it explained so much about the Black Rock and how that Statue came to be broken. I agree with everyone else, that Nestor Carbonell did an awesome job acting in this one, and hopefully he gets recognized for it. All the flashback scenes were incredible.

[spoiler]The whole who is good and who is evil is an interesting thing, but both Jacob and the Smokey/Man in Black manipulate people. Last night the man in black freed Richard from his chains, but he waited until he had Richard at a state he could control him before doing so. The analogy of the wine in the bottle that is corked is interesting, where Jacob has to protect everyone from Smokey escaping. Reminded me a bit of the Alternative Factor, where Lazarus was protecting the Universe from the mad version of himself.[/spoiler]

Rico

Good analogy Jeff to the Trek episode.  Makes a lot of sense.  I'm actually starting to think we've been told a lot more than we have noticed.  The last couple of episodes I think have revealed quite a bit.

sheldor

I was just watching some of seasons 4 and 5.  They are actually made sense now - Desmond, Whidmore, Ben.  They have mentioned now a few times these "rules" that everyone seems to be breaking.  I think this will end up being a "self-fulfilling prophecy Planet of the Apes" situation because Daniel was talking about how you cannot change anything with regard to time.

There was an episode from season 5 where Locke falls and gets hurt.  Richard comes along and tends to his wounds.  He gives Locke a compass so when he "flashes" and ends up in the past (talking to Richard for the first time) he can offer it as proof to Richard.  I have to think thats how Jacob/Smokey know about the passengers.  Everything has already happened for them and I think they need to make sure it happens again.

Its like BTTF2 when Doc and Marty have to make sure everything happens the way it was meant to happen.  Somebody stop this rollercoaster - getting a little dizzy

What - 6 more episodes including tonight?

P.S.  Ben needs to die.  If that doesn't happen... 

Rico

Last night's Desmond focused episode I think is really pointing us in certain direction now for the series.  Really enjoyed this one a lot for many reasons.

[spoiler]Very cool to see Charlie and Penny (stopping by from "Flash Forward.")  It's really seeming like it's basically an alternate universe thing after the bomb went off.  Love how everyone seems kind of connected in both versions of reality.  The season is really rocking![/spoiler]

sheldor

[spoiler]Seems desmond cannot only travel through time (Sam Becket) but also between realities.  He can go where no man has gone before :)[/spoiler]

Jobydrone

Last night was frustrating for me because I was having a hard time remembering everything I needed to for things to make sense.  I've seen every episode, somewhat recently but for the life of me couldn't remember the details of "not pennys boat" or Desmonds abilities from the last couple seasons.  Maybe it was be ause so many eps have happened in between where we haven't  seen Desmond and penny, but I was feeling like a refresher course was needed before watching this.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Yeah, I know how you feel a bit.  The "Not Penny's Boat" was what Charlie wrote on his hand before he died when he knew I think that a boat coming to the island wasn't Penny's boat but a group of baddies sent to kill everyone.  Sent by her father I think - Whitmore.  And Desmond has survived the weird EM pulse thing that the Dharma folks were keeping at bay with the numbers in the hatch computer thing.  At least that's my memory of things.

moyer777

I liked this episode too.  Finally a crack in the alternate timeline/future.  I knew that had to exist, now how does it all fit together?  We shall see, we shall see.... :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

sheldor

Tune in tomorrow when we hear Moyer777 say...

jedijeff

Cool Episode, was great seeing Daniel and Charlie again. Interesting take on Desmond, pretty different from the one we have seen up to now.

sheldor

Before last nights episode what did everyone think about those whispers?  I thought they were parallel realities (like that episode of TNG with that time loop).  Wow - Desmond.  Great ending.

Geekyfanboy

I really enjoyed last nights episode

[spoiler]Of course it wouldn't be Lost without the OMG moments.. BOOM!!! Loved seeing Libby again.. seeing her with Hurley always makes me smile. Desmond is pretty cool.. not sure why he ran over Locke... and I knew he was going in the well as soon as they approached it.[/spoiler]

sheldor

[spoiler]He ran over Locke because he threw him down the well.  After Whitmore used that machine last week, Desmond knows about his alternate reality.  Not sure if that was meant to happen[/spoiler]

Rico

Quote from: sheldore on April 14, 2010, 03:09:50 PM
[spoiler]He ran over Locke because he threw him down the well.  After Whitmore used that machine last week, Desmond knows about his alternate reality.  Not sure if that was meant to happen[/spoiler]

I don't think it's quite as simple as that....

[spoiler]I think what's happening is certain people are learning about each version of reality.  But, which is the right one?  Also, I think in the last episodes there is going to be more and more of this and maybe even some people crossing over from side to side.  But, what I'm still wondering about it why if Smokey/Locke gets off the island it will be the end of everything.[/spoiler]

sheldor