Lost Season Six - The Final Season

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 06, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: sheldar on March 03, 2010, 06:26:25 AM
Me too - we really don't know who is the bad guy.  It could still be Jacob - but I doubt that. - but not 100%   So the numbers are nothing more than degrees on a compass?   They have no meaning?  What made hurley play those numbers in the lottery?  I get the impression Jacob and Smokey are looking for their successors - like Rosemary's baby.   I like the whole science vs faith theme.

10 more episodes - they COULD do 5 days/week and we can have this wrapped up in 2 weeks. :)

The other thing that concerns me - they cannot end this without ticking off viewers and it could hurt FlashForward because its pretty much the same format.

The numbers each represent one of the main LOST people - the candidates for taking over as "protector of the island."

Rico

WOW!  What a great episode tonight.  Ben has slowly become one of my favorite characters over the years.

Geekyfanboy

Yeah nice episode and I'm with you Rico.. use to hate Ben.. but really liking him now and like his alt storyline...

[spoiler]Richard said that Jacob touched him and he can not die.. Jacob touch a bunch of the losties in the past.. does that mean none of them can die?? And if it does.. is Locke really dead?[/spoiler]

moyer777

Great question!  I really enjoyed this episode as well.  It's kind of strange to see Ben so selfless.  hmmmmm.  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on March 09, 2010, 10:26:34 PM
Yeah nice episode and I'm with you Rico.. use to hate Ben.. but really liking him now and like his alt storyline...

[spoiler]Richard said that Jacob touched him and he can not die.. Jacob touch a bunch of the losties in the past.. does that mean none of them can die?? And if it does.. is Locke really dead?[/spoiler]

I don't think the thing with Jacob is as easy or literal as that.  Has to be much more to it.  At least that's what I think.

X

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on March 09, 2010, 10:26:34 PM

[spoiler]He said he couldn't kill himself. That's a far step away from totally immortal. If you also factor in that Ben was able to kill Jacob with no problems, I don't see why Locke would be extra protected. You also have to remember that Sayid needed to get to the water to be helped and he too was touched by Jacob. It's a good theory, but I think that Richard is a special case.[/spoiler]

sheldor

Ok, the six names on the compass - are those the Oceanic Six?   Have we seen all the names?  Yeah, I liked the Ben storyline also but I get the feeling he will be a tragic hero.   Loved the reunion at the end - can hardly wait for Sun/Jin to be together.  Only 9 more episodes.

jedijeff

Really touching Episode Last Night. The Flash sideways with Ben was nice, showing him being a caring teacher as opposed to what we have seen him on the island. I really am liking how they are working characters from past season into these Alternate storylines.

[spoiler]They hinted at some stuff with Richard on some of the ABC podcasts and that we will find out more, and there will be a Richard focused Episode. Last night answered a bit about him, so looking forward to some more. I take it he was on the Black Rock, and that is how he came to the island.[/spoiler]

Dangelus

Another great episode.

It is starting to feel like they are resolving and revealing plot points to get to the finale rather than just having it all explained in the last episode which is good.

Rico

Quote from: Dangelus on March 11, 2010, 11:02:58 PM
Another great episode.

It is starting to feel like they are resolving and revealing plot points to get to the finale rather than just having it all explained in the last episode which is good.

Yep - I think so too.  Although there sure is a lot to cover still.  Even though they have said the "losties" are not in the afterlife, it sure would be a good answer to everything.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Dangelus on March 11, 2010, 11:02:58 PM
Another great episode.

I don't feel like we are getting any answers (or very few and minor ones) and they keep asking questions.. I'm just afraid that if they don't start answering major questions now the two hour finale is going to be so jammed pack it will be too much.

Dangelus

Well they are trickling the answers but I think they are coming. I'm sure they won't cover EVERYTHING we have questions about though.

Maybe they'll save a few for the spinoff! ;)

JoSpiv

Quote from: Dangelus on March 12, 2010, 11:05:53 AM
Well they are trickling the answers but I think they are coming. I'm sure they won't cover EVERYTHING we have questions about though.

Maybe they'll save a few for the spinoff! ;)

The writers have said they will answer most of the major questions, but somethings will be left unanswered.  This would be done either cause it's not important to the overall story, or cause somethings are best left a mystery.

I think they know no matter what they do, some people will not like it.  So, the might as well just make the show they want.  Which is all I ask for.
"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting.  It is not logical, but it is often true." - Spock

Bromptonboy

Two things I think that will NOT be answered:
*  Why was Walt so important?
*  Why is Baby Aaron so important?
Pete

jedijeff

Quote from: Bromptonboy on March 13, 2010, 03:55:13 AM
Two things I think that will NOT be answered:
*  Why was Walt so important?
*  Why is Baby Aaron so important?

I agree, I would be surprised if we ever got answers to those, and if we did, they probably would not be anything overly special. Walt's storyline seemed to go away with Micheal's. I expect we will see Walt in a flash sideway, like we saw him bump into Locke last season, but I would think that would be it. Even though Mr Ecko died, hopefully he shows up again sometime this season.