• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Lost Season Six - The Final Season

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 06, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Darkmolerman

So I started watching the episode and when it showed Hugo's life if the chicken shop went off was great, Its funny, they were at real places in hawaii...not all of them were what they said but it was funny
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

sheldor

That's what I don't get.  Can't he just smokey off the island??  Maybe he doesn't like the water?

X

The island's mythos has long established that you can't just pick a direction and sail off the island. This has been the case for most of the run of the show. Add to that, the man in black can't cross certain rings. Like certain creatures of myth, he can't cross a circle. Perhaps like other creatures of myth, he can't cross running water under his own power.

Add again that he said that the only way off the island is to tag along with the group because the group as a whole has the ability to leave. If he knows that everyone is needed to leave, he needs a way to transport them. The plane being the best idea since a plane is far easier to use than a sub.

Darkmolerman

I am going to see if I can use the flip and take a nice external shot of Diamond head studios (home of lost) With any luck the super special well will still be in the parking lot (no really the well that leads to the time machine thing is located in the middle of the parking lot!)

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Bromptonboy

Who do you think those young kids are that keep showing up and dogging \ irritating Smokey?
Pete

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Rico on April 14, 2010, 04:00:46 PM
Quote from: sheldore on April 14, 2010, 03:56:06 PM
And why does he need a plane?

Here's your answer...

Very good Rico!  I was actually thinking about this and caught the parallel.

What does God need with a starship
Pete

sheldor

Hey, I saw that coming.  I gave him the perfect setup.

Darkmolerman

GASP, the video Rico wanted of the LOST studios, I know the quality and shaky cam is annoying but its hard to film without a tripod on a bus with the sun glaring at you and no window to open

LOST Studios

sheldor

They don't look so "lost" to me.   Where are the donuts?? :)

Rico

ori-STUDFARM

Wait!!.....so all they need to do to get home is hop on a bus!!??

Darkmolerman

Yep, hehe the place isn't exactly remote, its next to Diamond Head mountain which is south east of Oahu

Rico

I'm wondering if there is any significance to them using the song from Willy Wonka in the previews...

Theres no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
Theres no knowing where were rowing
Or which way the rivers flowing
Is it raining? Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of Hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes! The danger must be growing
For the rowers keep on rowing
And theyre certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing!!!

Willy Wonka and the Wondrous Boat Ride

Darkmolerman

Well from reading it I am guessing it has to do with the weirdness happening on LOST alot of the poem song thingy is questions and a lot of confusion... wow I just described most lost fans, confused and has questions