News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Flash Forward

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 19, 2008, 11:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

Monday night, 9pm over here.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

I'm not quite sure about this show anymore.  I find it not as compelling as "Lost" and the characters are not grabbing me as much.  I'm also feeling like they are stretching things out a bit.  I'll keep watching, but there's just something that isn't quite working for me.

moyer777

I like the two hour - re-introduction but this last episode was kind of different.  I'm not sure either, it had so much mystery before, but now... well...

We will see!  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Feathers

Regardless of the cancellation, I've really got into this over its run. We get the penultimate episode tonight and then the last next week. I'll withold final judgement until I've seen them and I'm still not sure how they could have taken it forward into future seasons but, on the whole, I still think I'll be sad to see it go.

Feathers

And so it's done.

Not very happy with the way it ended but if you get canned after filming is complete I guess there's not a lot you can do about it.

I'm glad we got through to Flash Forward day itself and seeing some of the changes that have come into effect because of the forewarnings received but really, for most of the storylines, very little was resolved and with the second flash taking place at the very end a whole lot more questions were asked.

Personally, I love that in a show and would far rather see pan-seasonal arcs but, as I've just learned, there has to be a trade off between that and the potential for cancellation.

The Sci-Fi content wasn't that great and I still find I wanted to get more of it but I was still watching to the end so I guess it wasn't enough to switch me off the series in the end.

jedijeff

Over here they were saying it was the season finale, so even though it has been canceled, the producers may have left the ending the way it was in hopes of getting another season. Fans of the show are trying to get another season, and I wish them luck, but to date I have never seen that work with shows I followed. In the past, I saw similar type demonstrations by fans for such shows as Enterprise, Dresden Files and Journeyman, but none of them worked, but I certainly can't blame them for trying.
I know a lot of people felt the quality dropped in the second half, but to be honest, I could never tell. Not as much Sci-Fi content as maybe originally expected, but I did not find that it left me disappointed in the episodes. I watch a few other non sci-fi type shows that I enjoy a lot, so may have been why the less Sci-Fi in this one did not bother me.

Vartok

I too looked forward to this show each week, but boy, I only wanted to yell at the "stupid" characters who flaunted the day and either: drove a car, drank heavily, bailed someone out of jail AND then drove him back to the office of death!  And the worst offender was Mark Benford who looked directly into the face of the beast and said bring it on!  I know you have to do that for the plot but geez, I would have hunkered down.

However, I was really glad the pretty nurse Nicole was pulled from the stream and revived.  Losing those eyes would have really pissed me off!

Question: geek guys: Nicole or Keiko???

V

moyer777

nicole--  he should have wound up with her.  :) 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Feathers

Quote from: moyer777 on June 04, 2010, 10:47:33 PM
nicole--  he should have wound up with her.  :) 
Agreed.