• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Flash Forward

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 19, 2008, 11:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

Yeah, that will be interesting!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

Interesting Episode

[spoiler]I am still thinking a lot of these visions will come true, though the character might be on a path, that looks like it is not possible for their vision to come true. Agent Benfords AA sponsor Aaron saw his daughter in his vision, they exhumed her body, and found it was her, but I have to think there is more to the story then that. That said it would be an interesting dynamic to the show, if some visions did come true, where others did not. Some like Bryce, the doctor who was going to kill himself, vision revealed something that changed his perspective on his life, would be interesting to see if that did not come true, how it would impact him. They have not revealed it yet, so will be interesting to see what it is, as it has me really intrigued.
I thought the way they handled the shootout was really cool at the end of this episode, I liked the karaoke music on top of the scene, and the way they shot it. Just a great scene to me[/spoiler]

Rico

A few more thoughts....

[spoiler]Does anyone else think maybe it wasn't the President that sent the team after the FBI guys?  That seemed kind of overboard.  Plus how would that have guaranteed that the picture not get released anyway of the Pres. and that woman?  Seemed kind of weak and cliche to me.  Also, do we believe that the woman Senator really saw herself as President in the future?  I'm not sure.  Anyway, just some more thoughts.[/spoiler]

Ktrek

[spoiler]I have to agree that we cannot know if the senator actually did see herself as President. It's only what she reported to have seen. We actually see the Presidents flash forward and he is woke up being called Mr. President. Of course all former Presidents are called President for life so it's possible he may not have been acting President any longer.

A more interesting dynamic would be added to the show by Janice actually being killed but you know they are not going to kill her off or anyone of the main cast.[/spoiler]
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Feathers

Caught up on this finally and I have to say...

[spoiler]I'd have said there's no way the President sent the hit team out. His revenge was putting Clementi in as VP an I think it stopped there. The fact of the co-ordinated attack on the whole team made it seem lime they're onto something that someone wants them to get off of pretty darn quickly.

I still plain don't know whether everything will come true or not but I'm with Kevin in that I don't think the woman agent will die.

I'm wondering if the text message to Mark's wife will be what sets her off on her path to sleep with another man?[/spoiler]

More a procedual investigation than a sci-fi show now I think but I'm still hooked an it can always change direction later on.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

Big episode this week.  Lots happened.  And it looks like it is going a bit the way I expected.

[spoiler]Well, so now they have revealed that the future's people have seen CAN be changed (with a main character dying before his FF comes true).  That puts an entire different spin on things.  I had one thought about this whole thing while I watched.  What if the Flash Forwards only gave people a glimpse of a possible future?  And by showing it to people in a way it points them in the direction they have seen.  It seems many of the characters are expecting what they saw to come true and even maybe working towards it.  Just some thoughts.[/spoiler]

sheldor

Quote from: Rico on November 06, 2009, 04:30:11 AM
Big episode this week.  Lots happened.  And it looks like it is going a bit the way I expected.

[spoiler]Well, so now they have revealed that the future's people have seen CAN be changed (with a main character dying before his FF comes true).  That puts an entire different spin on things.  I had one thought about this whole thing while I watched.  What if the Flash Forwards only gave people a glimpse of a possible future?  And by showing it to people in a way it points them in the direction they have seen.  It seems many of the characters are expecting what they saw to come true and even maybe working towards it.  Just some thoughts.[/spoiler]

What was the quote "the future is not written in stone"?

Rico

Yeah - that's the way it's looking now.  The quote has been said in a few places I think.

jedijeff

After watching this episode, it really did change things like you said Rico.
[spoiler]The scene at the end with the Agent taking his life was a pretty dramatic one to me. I guess suicide should never been taken lightly, so just seeing that shock me up a bit. But it really does change the arc a bit in the possibility that things might not work out the way people saw them. That Agent taking his life could send ripples into the events of others, and change the course they are on. The whole suicide group was a bit chilling as well, people with nothing to live for playing with their lives, I wonder if they will explore it further.
I wonder what effect this will have on Demetri, now that he see's that things can be changed, maybe he will feel that he can change his destiny as well. I guess he has the date that he will be killed, so he can work towards that, and maybe change things up.
Marks friend Aaron and what happened at the end of the Episode is a real puzzler as well. I guess he would know his Daughter, so not really sure what to make of it. Part of this feels like he might be getting hustled, as I don't think this will end as he is expecting.
I like Dominic Monaghan, but for some reason I am just not buying him in this role yet. Maybe I still have Charlie in my mind, but to me it he just looks to much like a geek to come of serious. I am sure I will grow into him as this Simon person, but for now, every time I see him I just have a tough time seeing him as a bad guy. Same with his Partner Lloyd Simcoe, right now he just comes off as awkward dad who somehow ends up with Olivia and breaks up her Marriage to Mark. That is probably what they are going after, so I guess as we get deeper into the story, will find out more about what actually he did.[/spoiler]

Rico

One thing I find interesting on this show is how it seems the vast majority of people seem to be thinking everything they saw will come true.  I have never believed the future is written and even if I caught a glimpse of things months from now I really think I would have a hard time accepting what I saw as coming true.  There are just too many variables that happen every day to think that it all could be predicted.

X

I was disappointed with this last one.

[spoiler] Now that there is proof nothing is set in stone, the world can move on and mourn the millions of people that died for nothing. World wide prophecy has been reduced to world wide maybe and that takes some of the bite from the show. It sort of stripped some of the magic from it for me and I don't think that it's fixable.[/spoiler] 

moyer777

Just got done watching.  Wow, it does make the show even more of an enigma.  hmmmm.

moyer777

Alright, now Flash Forward is way more cool.  Last nights episode did a lot for me.

[spoiler]Now that we think the future can be changed, it adds such a new dynamic to it all.  the possiblity of the mad scientists who did the experiment going public, the girl back from the war, the three starred tattoo guys, and the poker game were just great.  I'm not sure where it's going now, and that is what I like about it.  It would be interesting to see how things start turning out now that folks think they can change the future.  Perhaps they can, perhaps they can't. [/spoiler]

sheldor

Do we know what time the flash forward took place or only the date?

Rico

Quote from: sheldar on November 13, 2009, 09:56:38 AM
Do we know what time the flash forward took place or only the date?

Yes, we know the time.  For the FBI guys it was around 10pm or so I think.  It will be different times at different places in the world - but all saw the same point in time in the future.