• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Flash Forward

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 19, 2008, 11:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Hmmm this sounds kind of interesting...

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/09/19/goyer-braga-together-for-abc-sf-project/

Goyer & Braga Together for ABC SF Project
September 19, 2008 by Sam Sloan   || Category: TV

The David Goyer ("Blade: The Series," "Batman Begins") and Brannon Braga ("Star Trek: Enterprise," "Threshold") developed SF series "Flash Forward," which was originally intended for viewing on HBO, has a new home as a companion piece for the network's other big SF show "Lost." "Flash Forward" is being based on Robert J. Sawyer's sci-fi novel, and it chronicles the chaos that ensues after everyone in the world blacks out for 2 minutes, 17 seconds and has a mysterious vision of the future that changes lives forever.

Goyer is also responsible for writing the screenplay for the upcoming films "X-Men Origins: Magneto" for 2009, "The Unborn" - also 2009, and "The Flash" due to premiere in 2010.

Braga continues as executive producer for Kiefer Sutherland's hit Fox series "24″ due to return in November 2008.

Trekkygeek

Oooo, I like that concept.
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

Geekyfanboy

"Flash Forward" Gets Series Order
April 20, 2009 by Michael Hickerson   || Category: TV News

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2009/04/20/flash-forward-gets-series-order/

The pilot for "Flash Forward" has impressed ABC executives enough to give the series a thumbs-up and a green light for the fall according to Ain't It Cool News.

The series, based on Robert J. Sawyer's novel of the same name, will be produced by David Goyer and Brannon Braga.   It has been touted as a companion series to "Lost," according to previous reports.

In "Flash Forward" an experiment causes the entire world to flash into the future for two minutes, with everyone getting a glimpse of what's to come.

Jen

Cool sounding show. :) Sort of along the line of the 4400...only the entire world is involved.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Dangelus

Wow this sounds like another show I will get hooked on!

Rico

Yes - sounds cool.  I wish I could see about 6 months or more into the future right now.

billybob476

Anyone remember Early Edition? Where a guy would get tomorrow's newspaper delivered every day?

Dangelus

Quote from: billybob476 on April 21, 2009, 05:08:34 AM
Anyone remember Early Edition? Where a guy would get tomorrow's newspaper delivered every day?

Yeah that was a great show.

Dangelus

Quote from: Rico on April 21, 2009, 05:06:29 AM
Yes - sounds cool.  I wish I could see about 6 months or more into the future right now.

I'd settle for Saturday evening's Lottery numbers...  ;)

Meds

Flash Forward coming to the UK this month.

Rico

Starts here on Sept. 24th.

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

ori-STUDFARM

I'd heard about this. Didn't realise it was coming out so soon!

This is where I normally forget and miss the first 4 episodes!! :D

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.