• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Podcast # 353 - "Doctor Who" - 6B

Started by Rico, October 16, 2011, 01:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Got our Doctor Who Skype call edited a little and uploaded now.  Meds takes control of the Tardis and brings along Kenny and myself this time out.  We discuss the last half of series 6 for "Doctor Who."  It was a lot of fun to join in this time.  Kenny had some connection issues so we lost him about 2/3 into the call (we missed you Kenny).  But we pressed on.  Hope all of you enjoy the podcast!   :tardis

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksinSciFi_353_Docwho_6B.mp3

Meds

Great fun to chat with you both ( well nearly both lol) i hope everyone enjoys the show.

Dangelus

Rico

Hope you enjoy our little chat Dan.  It was a lot of fun for me to join in this time!

Dangelus

It is a fun recap!

I was in the camp of "this is getting too complicated, let's have some standalone stories" and I didn't think  the resolution in the finale worked. Saying that I really enjoyed this season overall and I agree with a lot of the points you guys made regarding the acting and the settings of the episodes.

billybob476

Listening now and enjoying it!

Kenny, how is the 3G coverage around your place? You could have dropped your iPhone off of wifi and jumped on Skype over 3G that way if your regular internet wasn't cooperating.

Feathers

Quote from: billybob476 on October 17, 2011, 10:38:49 AM
Listening now and enjoying it!

Kenny, how is the 3G coverage around your place? You could have dropped your iPhone off of wifi and jumped on Skype over 3G that way if your regular internet wasn't cooperating.

Might have cost a bit though...

A very interesting podcast. Really good byplay between the two/three of you. Even Rico can play well with a co-host :)

Your assessments of the episode broadly aligned with mine but I think I'm harsher on some of the 'fantasy' elements than you guys are. I guess I'm looking for a stronger Sci-Fi feel and less of a 'wish really hard and the Doctor will come' element.

That seems to be the show we have, however, and I'm happy to live with it. It's still Doctor Who after all.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Rico

I've always felt Doctor Who is much more a fantasy series than Sci-Fi.  At least that's my feel for it since watching from 2005 and onward.

MARKO

Rico

I really enjoyed the Dr Who podcast Great jobs by Meds and yourself .... i have not watched a single episode of the modern Dr Who but now i will give it a try.

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Feathers

Quote from: Rico on October 17, 2011, 02:24:58 PM
I've always felt Doctor Who is much more a fantasy series than Sci-Fi.  At least that's my feel for it since watching from 2005 and onward.

You're probably right, certainly in the modern era and possibly before. I think that because the bulk of my viewing dates back to a time before I was able to make that distinction and I've since developed a love for harder sci-fi, the lines are blurred for me.

The episodes I remember from early on concentrate on the time travel and robots and things rather than some of the more mystical elements.

Whatever. I really do enjoy it, despite appearances apparently, and really should have done a comment for the podcast.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

MARKO

Meds...

Where should i start.... duh i guess season one.

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Meds

New series, yes may as well. There are now six series for new Dr Who. On a side note if you can find the very first Dr Who called An Unearthly Child from 1963 i urge you to watch it. :)

billybob476

Meds