• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Podcast # 252 - Bond, James Bond

Started by Rico, November 08, 2009, 08:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

A very special cast this weekend.  Meds and his mate Peter discuss James Bond.  The franchise, the films, the legend.  I know everyone will love hearing their take on Bond.  It's a great podcast and I really appreciate them doing this for me and all of you (and also giving me a bit more free time on my birthday).  Cheers guys!

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksinSciFi_252_James_Bond.mp3

Rico

Bromptonboy

That doesn't look like a vodka martini (shaken not stirred) in those glasses to me!  :)
Pete

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Ktrek

I'm looking forward to hearing this one. I saw just this week that Craig said the next Bond starts shooting late 2010 for a 2011 release.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

M-5

I'm looking forward to listening to the podcast at work tomorrow.

jedijeff

Great Job on the Podcast Meds and Peter, I liked how both of you went through all the Movies, and gave insight and opinions on them. Certainly made me want to watch a few of them again, even Moonraker ;) . I was a bit of the Roger Moore era as well, as he is always the first person who pops into my mind when I think of Bond.

moyer777

Half way through and loving it.  You guys crack me up!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

robbo1510

Just listening in my lunch break (at the Octopussy part). Lots of fascinating facts that I wasn't aware of.Great stuff chaps :)

ori-STUDFARM

I wanna go watch Bond.....right now!

Really enjoyed this one...mostly because I've seen all the films...(except QoS)

Thanks

Meds

Thanks all, glad we are getting good feedback it was fun to do. Thanks to Feathers and Crystal for their comments. 

Bryancd

Bloody brilliant Meds and Peter! I too am a long time Bond fan. My Dad introduced me to Bond and it has always been something we have shared and has a special place in my heart and life. First Bond film I saw in theater was "the Spy Who Loved Me" and yes, Meds, that opening sequence was outstanding and when the parachute opens and the music kicks in, I still get goosebumps! Now, "Moonraker". I must come to the defense. I was 9 when "Moonraker" debuted. Coming of of Star Wars, having Star Trek also hitting the big screen, AND the first launch of the Space Shuttle only 2 years away, I LOVED it. I was very much into NASA and the Shuttle program, visiting the Kennedy Space Center every spring when my Mom and I would visit my grandparents in central Florida. "Moonraker" had amazing effects for the day and incredible set design. Yes, it doesn't age well, but it will always have a special place in my heart.
So this afternoon as I was listening and loving the podcast, I was on my bike on a training ride. As the podcast ended, I  heard the first few piano notes of Carly Simons theme and I literally became overwhelmed with emotion. So many feeling came rushing into me, taking me back to those days where James Bond was magic for me. I was a sight, ripping through the Arizona desert singing outloud to "The Spy Who Loved Me".

Brilliant.

Bromptonboy

Well done, gents!  My first Bond experience was seeing 'Diamonds Are Forever' in the theater as a young boy.  Sean Connery was the coolest guy imaginable to me.
Pete

Dan M

Great job with the Bond podcast.  I listened today in the car, and I had a great time.  I loved your banter and your sense of humor.  Excellent topic, entertainingly presented.

Meds

Awesome comments thank you so much I'll let Peter know. Bryan remember not to ride off a mountain though lol ;)