• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Podcast # 432 - Robotech

Started by Rico, April 14, 2013, 06:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

I guess the sad part about physical stores going away is the type of discovery you'd get via browsing the aisles and talking to the knowledgeable staff.

I always said the same thing about TV. You used to have to flip through channels when nothing was on which might lead you to stop on something that looked interesting. Now with guides and menus, you tend to jusdge something by its name and description instead of what it looks like. The "catching your eye" aspect of channel flipping is gone.

Feathers

Quote from: billybob476 on April 28, 2013, 05:28:41 AM
I always said the same thing about TV. You used to have to flip through channels when nothing was on which might lead you to stop on something that looked interesting. Now with guides and menus, you tend to jusdge something by its name and description instead of what it looks like. The "catching your eye" aspect of channel flipping is gone.

I'd never considered that, but you're exactly right. I apparently used to be a bit of a drive-people-mad channel flipper when we first got more than a few channels but these days, when i'm not watching something I've pre-recorded, I do just flip down the menu and switvh off if nothing takes my fancy.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Coda

Awesome podcast.  I've been a Robotech (and all incarnations) since I saw it back in 1984.  I've also read all the books too.  And I also liked the Sentinels and Shadow Chronicles too.  Can't wait for the live action movie to come out.

For those of you who are fans of the japanese anime Macross incarnations, there was a concert for Macross Frontier two years ago that I watched.  It was the closest thing to a Macross concert you can get to!

Thanks for covering Robotech!  Now, on to Gunbuster and Ghost in the Shell!  <hint hint>  Ha ha!  Sooner or later, you guys are going to start doing anime!