• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Firefly

Started by Amar, February 17, 2008, 04:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feathers

I love early finish on a Friday!

Just watched Serenity (the original pilot, not the film) and...brilliant! I'm going to love this show!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

billybob476

Yay! Another Browncoat added to our ranks!

Geekyfanboy

I so envy you Feathers.. you get to experience Firefly for the first time..

Meds

Dum de dum de dum de dum, erm, well, erm dum de dum de dum, erm I've never seen it ahem whistle. I've got the film Serenity, ahem but its still in its plastic wrapper. Ahem, dum de dum de dum shuffle away.

Geekyfanboy

WHAT... you've never seen Firefly or you have never seen Serenity... either way.. I want your Geek card back... NOW :)

billybob476

Ha and this was the man who was throwing me into the fires of Mordor this morning for not seeing Return of the King...

:)

Feathers

What have I provoked here? The downfall of Meds? Woo!

Question for me now is do I thrash through Firefly to see it all as quickly as possible, or do I take it slowly and savour the experience. Hmmm, I shall enjoy deciding!

Meds

I stand in front of you guilty as charged. I never saw it here in England (Feathers was it on here?) and i loved hearing all about it and when Jen did her podcast about it i started to get interested so went out the other day and found Serenity in woolworths for £3 so i snapped it up. Will be watching it soon but didn't know whether to wait until I've seen firefly or just jump into the movie.

Feathers

I don't know that it was on here but I don't get Sky so may have missed it.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Feathers on November 14, 2008, 12:57:35 PM
What have I provoked here? The downfall of Meds? Woo!

Question for me now is do I thrash through Firefly to see it all as quickly as possible, or do I take it slowly and savour the experience. Hmmm, I shall enjoy deciding!

Well I would say savour it.. but once you start watching it, it's hard to stop.. I can watch the entire series and movie in a day and love every minute of it.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on November 14, 2008, 01:21:13 PM
I stand in front of you guilty as charged. I never saw it here in England (Feathers was it on here?) and i loved hearing all about it and when Jen did her podcast about it i started to get interested so went out the other day and found Serenity in woolworths for £3 so i snapped it up. Will be watching it soon but didn't know whether to wait until I've seen firefly or just jump into the movie.

Well i'm not saying you're getting your geek card back.. just yet.. but I would watch the series before watching the movie as the movie is a follow up to the series.

billybob476

I agree with Kenny. The moive is good on it's own but you'll get a lot more with the series behind you. Also some things from the movie kind of ruin parts of the series if you haven't seen it yet.

Geekyfanboy

yeah if you don't plan on watching the series (I don't understand why you would not want to) but if you do.. the movie Serenity is AWESOME and a fantastic movie all on it's own.

Meds

Right then I'll head off to the memorabilia show next Saturday and buy firefly and then i'll let you know what i think of it. Actually I have seen one episode on youtube so i think i should have t least part of my card back ha ha :)

Feathers

So did you buy them then?

I'm taking it slow - up to episode 7, just past the hilarious song about the local hero - Jayne. very, very funny.