• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"Dexter" - season six (spoilers)

Started by Rico, July 04, 2011, 05:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadShot

You know, after last season I expected this season to be even better....AND I WAS RIGHT! What an awesome season!

Jobydrone

Everyone still enjoying?  [spoiler]Has anyone noticed or started to think that EJO just isn't real?  When I saw the picture of his face on the front page of the Miami newspaper with the headline "Doomsday Killer" and his sitting in the middle of a resturaunt with no one batting an eye it made me kind of feel like Trevor is just a whack job hallucinating his relationship with his old Professor.  I think EJO could have been Trevor's first kill[/spoiler]
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

ori-STUDFARM

I'm still loving this episode. Especially the
[spoiler] angel death where the police activated a trip wire and caused the victims death as angel wings unfolded. That was pretty grotesque!![/spoiler]

And in relation to the above theory
[spoiler]
I'd heard this theory suggested on the Dissecting Dexter Podcast. The host, Gareth suggested that we hadn't seen him interact with any objects or physical things on screen. Next episode, he picks up a bag of mannequin heads. I think it would have been interesting to see the killer with his own Harry ghost/conscience/imaginary friend. But I don't think they are going that way with it...[/spoiler]

Jobydrone

Quote from: ori-STUDFARM on November 03, 2011, 12:42:58 PM
I'm still loving this episode. Especially the
[spoiler] angel death where the police activated a trip wire and caused the victims death as angel wings unfolded. That was pretty grotesque!![/spoiler]

And in relation to the above theory
[spoiler]
I'd heard this theory suggested on the Dissecting Dexter Podcast. The host, Gareth suggested that we hadn't seen him interact with any objects or physical things on screen. Next episode, he picks up a bag of mannequin heads. I think it would have been interesting to see the killer with his own Harry ghost/conscience/imaginary friend. But I don't think they are going that way with it...[/spoiler]

Haven't listened to that...I'll have to check it out
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

ori-STUDFARM

It's a really good podcast I've recently gotten into. I think Gareth is a Treks In Sci-Fi listener.  I know he listens to Waffle On and Take Him With You. He even provided a voice recently for the Halloween special Highway To Mars.

Jobydrone

Not the most recent episode, but was anyone else...

[spoiler]totally psyched to see Cpt. Jellico FINALLY get what was coming to him?  Seriosly Ronny Cox did a great job in episode three, didn't he? [/spoiler]

QuadShot

I think this has been the most kick butt season yet! Dexter keeps getting better and better:
[spoiler]I LOVED how the last episode went! When Brother Sam was shot, I was bummed and very intrigued when, on his death bed (literally), he asked Dexter to forgive the man who shot him. You could SEE the torment in Dexters eyes as he struggled with the choice. Then, in the end, the jerk wad made Dexters decision for him didn't he? That was FANTASTIC! Can't wait for next week...[/spoiler]

ori-STUDFARM

Quote from: QuadShot on November 08, 2011, 08:24:40 AM
I think this has been the most kick butt season yet! Dexter keeps getting better and better:
[spoiler]I LOVED how the last episode went! When Brother Sam was shot, I was bummed and very intrigued when, on his death bed (literally), he asked Dexter to forgive the man who shot him. You could SEE the torment in Dexters eyes as he struggled with the choice. Then, in the end, the jerk wad made Dexters decision for him didn't he? That was FANTASTIC! Can't wait for next week...[/spoiler]

I have to agree.[spoiler] The turn around was absolutely amazing. I think the tone of the Season has just done a total u-turn. I reckon Dexter is going to turn his back on his attempts to learn to be "normal" and take a few steps backwards in his journey to becoming more human....[/spoiler]

Jobydrone

Quote from: ori-STUDFARM on November 08, 2011, 02:08:28 PM
Quote from: QuadShot on November 08, 2011, 08:24:40 AM

I have to agree.[spoiler] The turn around was absolutely amazing. I think the tone of the Season has just done a total u-turn. I reckon Dexter is going to turn his back on his attempts to learn to be "normal" and take a few steps backwards in his journey to becoming more human....[/spoiler]

That would be my preference!  I don't think anyone was really happy with Dexter as family man that had developed over the first few seasons, [spoiler]hence the annihilation or elimination of most of his immediate family[/spoiler] and I would be very glad to see him back to his roots again.  We're likely to get at least two more seasons of the show so I wouldn't be expecting him to get discovered for who he really is any time soon anyway.

Rico

Great recent episode (ep. 6), but you can put me in the camp of not minding when Dexter tried to be a normal, family man.  The most interesting thing about his character and this series is his struggle between the light and the darkness.  If he gives up on that he'll be lost.  Even in season one he was like this.  He has never reveled or enjoyed the darkness, he just deals with it.  But he has always tried to make his way more to the light.  Anyway, just my views and the way I see the character and the series.

Jobydrone

Interesting, in the books he is generally a much darker character.  Looks like we're gonna see just how dark Dex can get over the next few episodes!

Jobydrone

Looks like Season six is finally really heating up.  I really enjoyed the last episode, while I felt the ones prior to that were kind of meandering without a sense of direction or purpose.  I've read that show runners have stated that events in the last two episodes of this season will resonate through the last two seasons of the show, and shift things towards an endgame for the series.  Anyone have any predictions what that might be?

A couple spoilery observations:

[spoiler]  I find it hard to believe that Dexter thinks it's a good idea to have Batista's sister so close all the time as Harrison's primary caretaker.  It seems like something is going on with him that is driving him towards carelessness and a recklessness that we haven't seen in his character before.  Also, it makes me very nervous having that super computer hacker/programmer guy poking around in Dexter's office near his computer.  I would think Dex might feel the same way, knowing this guys skills and abilities.  Finally, things seem to be too sweetness and light for Deb right now:  she's making great strides in therapy, realizing some of her childhood traumas and how they affect her day to day.  She's easing in to her new job, and has leverage on the big boss and Laguerta which she'll be able to use to her advantage.  Things are going to fall apart for her soon, I believe.  She's the writers on this show's favorite whipping-girl, and I anticipate things getting bad quickly in her life.  Possibly by finding out that the most important person in her life is hiding a huge secret?[/spoiler]

ori-STUDFARM

One thing that has been pointed out on Dissecting Dexter throughout this Season is...

[spoiler]

....Dexter's lack of care when carrying out murders. He seems to be leaving definite clues that could later bite him him in the butt.

Episode 1 began wioth him calling for an ambulance so he could "despatch" the two ambulance killers. It appeared that he used his own phone. Wouldn't the police become suspicious when 2 ambulance men disappeared and investigate the last call. And even if it wasn't his own phone, what about the 911 recordings? He didn't disguise his voice.

When he killed his ex-high school jock "friend" from his childhood. He stole the promiscuous woman's phone to text the jock. When he disappears, wouldn't the police investigate his mobile. See the text and trace it back to her. All they have to ask her is "when did you last see your phone? And who was you with at this reunion?"

Not to mention the daylight bathroom beating and the body hidden in the grain silo. I think they are deliberately leaving an evidence trail to link Dexter to a number of the murders. A future storyline perhaps? With only two seasons to go, it's sure to happen at some point.

[/spoiler]

Also, I stated that Gareth from Dissecting Dexter was a THWY listener and appeared in the halloween Highway To Mars. I was mistaken....different Gareth **face-palm**

You know how confusing it sometimes gets with so many internet peoples....

Rico

ChrisMC

Quote from: Rico on December 19, 2011, 04:18:40 PM
Dexter season finale!

HOLY FRAK!!!!

I know, RIGHT?

Have to wait until next fall after that? Unbelievable.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/