• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Nice review of JMS

Started by davekill, January 29, 2015, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

For fans of B5 or  any of Joe's comics, this is a glowing review of his work.
http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2015/01/ten-things-every-reader-tic-know-jms.html

And was answered in his particular style :)

J. Michael Straczynski
Jan 29, 2015 at 3:35 am Reply

I am deeply honored and humbled by your kind, generous words. With luck, and very hard work, I hope to one day live up to their promise. I am inexperienced with this particular site, but if the humanity of your commentary is emblematic, then this must be a pretty awesome place to hang out. Certainly any site that advocates for the work of T.S. Eliot is the kind of joint anyone should feel proud to frequent.

Thanks again....

J. Michael (Joe) Straczynski

(PS, two paragraphs up, quoting from Midnight Nation, there is a typo at the bottom. It reads "...the despair of tooters." I don't have the original text in front of me, but from the context I suspect it originally read "the despair of others." I once tried to sell a story about the despair of tooters, but since no two people could agree on what a tooter was, where they congregated, or why they were so upset, it never sold, thus destroying what would have been the shining pinnacle of my career. Thanks for reminding me....)

Bromptonboy

Despair of tooters!  That is a good one.  :)
Pete