• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by speedyraf, April 15, 2009, 05:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedyraf

Thanks, Rico for your Treks in SciFi podcast. It was one of the first things I discovered after beginning to figure out iTunes, podcasts et. al. Since 1966, I've been a fan of Star Trek, especially LT Uhura and Doctor Who since the early 1970's, among other shows, books (paper and digital) and podcasts. The "Ready Room" interests me greatly, and I'm wondering, although not a writer, whether it would be possible to participate?

Rico

Welcome to our fun, geeky group.  Sounds like you will fit right in.  You can certainly join in on the "Ready Room."  I know Kenny and Jen are always looking for help reading posts.  I'm sure they will be dropping in to great you soon too.

Geekyfanboy

Hey Speedy...

Welcome to the forums.. and yes of course you can participate in the RPG/Ready Room.. do you have a microphone? Want to read posts?  I can't write either and I'm the Captain of the ship.. so not being a writer shouldn't stop you from joining the rpg.. it's learning process.

Jen

Welcome Speedy! Of course you can participate! We're an all inclusive group. :) 
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

moyer777

woo hoo another cool geeky person!  Welcome!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

iceman

WELCOME TO THE FUN

speedyraf

Hi, everyone, my name's Ruth and helping read posts for the RPG/Ready Room sounds neat! Would I need a separate microphone or would the one in my MacBook suffice? I've uploaded files, but not audio. How does that work? Thanks.

Geekyfanboy

Hi Ruth.. so you want to read posts for the RPG/Ready Room.. awesome... recordings from microphones tend to sound less tinnie and echo-ish. But we're not picky.

Well most folks us Audacity (free program) to record and then save the file as an mp3 and those are normally small enough to email me. I can use .wav, .mp3, .aif so how ever you want to record it is cool with me.

Rico

Hi there again.  I'm sure Kenny, Jen and everyone in the RPG would love your help.

X

wraith1701

Welcome to the forum, Ruth! :)

Dangelus

Welcome to the forums! I know you'll love participating here, it's very addictive!

M-5

Welcome aboard, Ruth!

Feathers

Welcome aboard...

...I guess that means we'd better get on and write you something to read :)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

cosmonaut

Welcome Ruth!
Do you have Garageband on your mac? I use this program (the podcast setting) with the inbuilt microphone of an iMac, I think the sound quality is OK. Just try! :)
Oh, and about 90% of the people who listen the first time to their own voice don't like it, don't worry, you'll get used to it. And you'll get better fast, I promise! ;)