• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Wars Live Action TV Series

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 01, 2007, 10:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

He should sell it via the web and take the networks and middle man out of the whole deal.  Sell it right to the fans.  George can be an innovator, and this is the future of content delivery (in my opinion).  Music has gone this way, books, and soon most movies and TV shows will be this way too.  Get aboard George!

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on January 10, 2012, 08:31:30 AM
He should sell it via the web and take the networks and middle man out of the whole deal.  Sell it right to the fans.  George can be an innovator, and this is the future of content delivery (in my opinion).  Music has gone this way, books, and soon most movies and TV shows will be this way too.  Get aboard George!

Agree 100% and I wouldn't be surprised. If anyone could revolutionize the TV content distribution model it's someone like GL who had has the clout and the financial wherewithal to pull it off. Hell, create enough content and he could start an oline STAR WARS TV channel.

Rico

I've got it....

George Lucas + an Apple TV set with the SW channel App! 

I'd buy that!

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on January 10, 2012, 08:40:04 AM
I've got it....

George Lucas + an Apple TV set with the SW channel App! 

I'd buy that!

...just wait...and buy Apple stock... :)

X

Quote from: Bryancd on January 10, 2012, 06:54:44 AM
I could understand that Chris. I'm sure GL still suffers from project insecurities despite all his success I bet the failures haunt him even more. But I think he would likely look at cable outlets for this project as opposed to network just so he could have some guarantee that he could lock it in for a few seasons.
If he does that, he might have a better chance of getting it out.

If I were him, I'd try to TNG it out for the first few seasons. They provide the air time and they get the show for free if we get to have some of that ad time as well.

Then I would promote the hell out of the licencee that have Star Wars interests and get paid by them to do it.

I'd also toss in a new toy line and sweeten the pot by having some adverts thrown into the slots and get a bigger piece of the pie since I'm helping with some of the advertisements.

But for me to do all of the, the show would have to be cheap to make since it will be an out of pocket expense at least in the beginning. 

ChrisMC

http://collider.com/rick-mccallum-red-tails-star-wars-tv-series-interview/138426/

Interview with Rick McCallum where he talks about the new TV show and Red Tails. Interesting point is that each episode of Star wars:Underworld has to be made for 5 million dollars.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/