• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"True Blood" - HBO vamps

Started by Rico, December 01, 2008, 12:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobydrone

HBO Go is doing an early premiere of next weeks episode if you just can't get enough True Blood from the premiere.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

I enjoyed the first episode back for this season.  Still have to watch last night's episode.  Lots of changes going on for the characters this year it seems.  Great to have it back for the summer.

Rico

Episode two for the new season was even better and more intriguing.  We get to learn some new things and many plot points for the new season are getting set into motion.  Great start so far!

Rico

Fun pic of many of the cast at Comic Con 2011.

Rico

Anyone keeping up with this season?  We have witches, panthers, and shifters - oh my!  :)

Jobydrone

Kind of letting this show fall by the wayside, especially since it will be available on HBO Go indefinitely for whenever I have some time to catch up. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone4of20 on August 02, 2011, 08:45:59 AM
Kind of letting this show fall by the wayside, especially since it will be available on HBO Go indefinitely for whenever I have some time to catch up. 

As long as you still subscribe to HBO - right?  Do they keep the past seasons up too??

Jobydrone

Yes to both, if you believe the dates listed in the app, every episode from every season will be continuously available until at least 12/31/2012

Rico

Awesome news - season five approved!  Oh, and this season is getting really good too!

HBO has renewed the hit show "True Blood" for a 12-episode fifth season, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. Created by Alan Ball, the series will begin production of new episodes later this year in Los Angeles, with debut set for summer 2012.

"I am thrilled that 'True Blood' continues to enjoy a phenomenal reception from both subscribers and critics," noted Lombardo. "Alan Ball and his gifted team have devised the greatest thrill ride on TV."

"I remain amazed and delighted by the enthusiasm of our viewers," says Ball. "I can't imagine having more fun than this."

Mixing romance, suspense, mystery and humor, the Emmy®-nominated show takes place at a time when vampires have come out of the coffin, and follows the on-and-off romance between waitress and part-faerie Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), who can hear people's thoughts, and 173-year-old vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer). Series creator Alan Ball (creator of the Emmy®-winning HBO series "Six Feet Under") is also an executive producer of the show, which is based on the bestselling Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.

Read more: HBO Renews True Blood for Season Five - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=80977#ixzz1Um6Ug3Xu

Jobydrone

My wife is starting to read the novels on her iPhone.  She snagged my iPad last month did a marathon of all the past seasons on HBO Go.  She loves this show and is bummed I am not watching the new episodes with her on Sunday nights.  I have got to set aside three or four hours and get current.

ChrisMC

I have been watching this show with my wife for a couple years, I was dragged in a bit but I like it. I am REALLY digging the witch vs. vampire story line....they finally found something for Tara to do besides yell and complain. Cool fight at the end of last nite's episode, gave Sookie and Eric a break from their crazy activities! The show has been firing very well this season for sure.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Another cool episode this week.  I'm really liking the Bill, Eric, Sookie love triangle going on.  And Sookie's dream sequence this week was pretty hot!  This season is really heating up.

P.S.  One tiny thing that bugs me just a little is the need they seem to have for every episode to end in a mini-cliffhanger.  I'm coming back to watch, no need to try and con me.

Rico

Season finale coming up tomorrow night.  In true, "True Blood" fashion you think the season is kind of wrapped up in the episode before the last one, and then they shock you with something unexpected.  Been a pretty cool season so far.  Looking forward to the finale.

Rico

Season 5 of this great series coming in June.  Here's a cast picture and a little teaser video.

http://youtu.be/VB7uWvbUgk0

Rico