• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"True Blood" - HBO vamps

Started by Rico, December 01, 2008, 12:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Is anyone watching this show?  I just watched the first episode finally last night.  It's pretty different for a TV vampire tale.  I can't recall but is this based off some books?  I'm going to watch a few more and see where it goes.  Not a show for the kids that's for sure.

Meds

I've never heard of this. Sounds interesting though.

billybob476

I just got HBO last week, maybe I'll take a look.

KC

I don't have HBO (cue single tear), but I see the book series where I work everyday.  I think they're called the Soosie Stackhouse Chronicles, but I could be wrong.  I might try give them a read when the Christmas holidays come up.

X

yeah, it's the Sookie Stackhouse series. I hear they are pretty good. I've also heard that they were "Chicklit" from my wife.

The good news is that it's a likable series. My wife, father-in-law, and brother-in-laws, and I all like the show.

The bad news is that the season just ended and it's a cliffhanger that won't be resolved until summer.

Java The Hut

Quote from: Just X on December 01, 2008, 02:23:08 PM
yeah, it's the Sookie Stackhouse series.

???? I thought it was based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries book series by Charlaine Harris
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Southern_Vampire_Mysteries

It is a very good show, but is not for the kids, I kinda of see it as a story of two races clashing
but its not black vs white its living vs dead (Not living?)

check it out......
"But you don't have to take my world for it"

~Java
I has a web-sight AGAIN
www.scifi-autograph.com
showcasing my SciFi Autograph collection

X

Quote from: Java The Hut on December 01, 2008, 05:31:56 PM
Quote from: Just X on December 01, 2008, 02:23:08 PM
yeah, it's the Sookie Stackhouse series.

???? I thought it was based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries book series by Charlaine Harris
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Southern_Vampire_Mysteries

It is a very good show, but is not for the kids, I kinda of see it as a story of two races clashing
but its not black vs white its living vs dead (Not living?)

check it out......
"But you don't have to take my world for it"

~Java

Yeah, read the link you sent. the protagonist is Sookie Stackhouse.

celestialteapot

I got halfway through the first episode; I like the concept but I find the characters unbelievably annoying. Might give it another go with some of the later episodes.
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

KC

I've heard the first episode is a little rough, but I'm a big Alan Ball/Six Feet Under fan, so I plan on renting it when it's released on DVD. Of course, I'll be slightly behind the times, but I can deal with that. :)

Rico

Yeah, I've only watched the first episode and most of the characters are pretty shallow and not very likable.  Sookie is about the only one so far that I kind of like.

Meds

Quote from: celestialteapot on December 01, 2008, 08:36:24 PM
I got halfway through the first episode; I like the concept but I find the characters unbelievably annoying. Might give it another go with some of the later episodes.

Where did you watch it? (and i don't mean in your living room ;) )

Dangelus

Might check this out if I can find it. Is it on in the UK yet?

Feathers

Quote from: Dangelus on December 04, 2008, 11:43:25 PM
Might check this out if I can find it. Is it on in the UK yet?

If celestialteapot's seen the first episode, it must be around in some form.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

celestialteapot

I believe it's going to be shown on FX next year or something but I watched it the sneaky way  :blush
This question has baffled mankind for all eternity... why don't sheep shrink in the rain?

Meds

Naughty teapot, for your shenanigans we shall pour coffee in your pot. ;)