• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Mockingjay - Part 1

Started by Bromptonboy, November 25, 2014, 05:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

I didn't see a thread for this one.  My son and I just came back from seeing this movie.  I haven't read the book (I only read book 1 of the series). 
Just not my cup of tea - these books.  There are some good special effects - but I just couldn't get into it. 

Anyone else see it yet?
Pete

Rico

I will probably be going soon.  I read all three books in the series, but the last book was actually my least favorite.  However, I still want to see how they adapt it into a movie - or two movies in this case.

Bromptonboy

This is a momentous occasion - I saw a movie before Rico!  :)

My daughter's friends all say they enjoyed it.  I understand I am not the target audience.  I read the first book, and saw the first two movies.  Both of my kids read all 3 books.
Pete

Rico

This isn't a book or movie series that has done much for me so I'm not in a big hurry to see it. Plus this is a busy week too.

Rico

Finally saw this and pretty much enjoyed it. Again, not my favorite book of the series and being that it's just the first part it's hard to judge it on it's own.  But they did a good job and I'll definitely go to see the last part next year.

Bromptonboy

I'll see it as well to close the loop.
Pete