• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Another New Guy

Started by 3 Ducks in a Man Costume, May 21, 2007, 04:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

Well, hello. I'm 3 Ducks in a Man Costume (perhaps in more ways than one), but I'll also answer to 3 Ducks or just Ducks. I've been listening to the podcast for something around two months. Eh, maybe three. Good stuff.

I'm pretty into Star Trek and Star Wars, but more on a philosophical level than a conventions-and-collectibles one. I mean, I actually got away with writing a critical theory research paper on TNG in an undergraduate philosophy course years ago. Ridiculous fun.

In terms of sci-fi literature, I've always been a huge Philip K. dick fan. Some time ago, I spent a freakish amount of effort tracking down the Tales of the Jedi comic book series on which the Knights of the Old Republic games were based (or at least referenced).

More recently, some friends have introduced me to Firefly. I'm not exactly sure how I missed it when it was on TV, but I did.

So anyway, I'll be lurking around.

Fanboy

Dude Firefly rules - just like TREK!  Glad to know ya.
"I aim to misbehave."

Geekyfanboy

Hey Ducks... first of all.. great name. Sounds like you'll fit right in here. Kudos for finding Firefly, it's one of my all time favorite sci fi shows. Wow.. you wrote a critical theory research paper on TNG.. how cool is that. Maybe you can post a few pages here.. would love to read some of it. Anyways... welcome to the group.

moyer777

Welcome 3 Ducks!

Your name just quacks me up!  I mean, not to be foul or anything.   :laugh:

You will love the forums, they are very fun, fun indeed.

TNG, YES!  What a great element in Trek.  Good to have you on board!

Now, when and if we ever go to lunch, I suppose you would pay the "bill"  ... sorry I just couldn't resist, I'm such a feather weight. :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

A great big welcome.  You must have one of the most unique forum names I have seen - anywhere.  I'm sure you will be in good company here - all great folks!

PepperDude

Hey 3 Ducks I also agree with StarTrekFanatic--you should post that paper you wrote a long time ago. That should be fun. I've read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and I liked it a lot. Then I bought a PKD short story collection but I misplaced it. I can't find it! Hopefully I'll find it somewhere. . .

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

As far as PKD novels go, I'd strongly suggest The Man in the High Castle and The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldrich.

PepperDude

Cool. I'll buy one The Man in the High Castle in the near-future. Thanks.

iceman