• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Anyone seen any good movies recently?

Started by alanp, February 02, 2009, 12:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Scifi or otherwise?

Recently I rented from Netflix:

Home Room:  Why didn't I find this sooner?  Great story of an unlikely friendship after a school shooting.  And what secrets are being kept?

Bigger, Stronger Faster: Finally something unbiased on the use of steroids use.  The most entertaining doc in a while.

An American Carol:  One of my distant relatives plays JFK in the movie!

But now I'm not sure what to put in the top of my queue.  Any suggestions?

ElfManDan

I recently watched The Great Escape again, not scifi, but one of my personal favorite films and a classic. As well as the new Iron Man, my favorite film of 2008.

Ktrek

The most recent films I have watched, excluding classic films, and liked are:

Kung Fu Panda - Absolutely a wonderful film.
Curse of the Golden Flower - Beautifully done martial arts fantasy
Forbidden Kingdom - Another martial arts fantasy starring Jackie Chan. Surprisingly enjoyable film.
The Incredible Hulk - Far better than the other film from a few years back!

Since most of my movie watching time is devoted to classic films I really can't offer anything more that you probably have not already seen. My wife and I also enjoy British mysteries and comedies. We have been watching As Time Goes By with Judi Dench of the James Bond films and it's quite a wonderful British romance comedy sitcom.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

X

Just watched the streaming Rise of the Blood Hunter Unrated on Netflix. It's an interesting movie. You don't know if they are vampires or zombies, but it has an even more interesting cast. If you like vampire or zombie movies, give it a try. It was entertaining.

chevalier_noir

I recently saw Slumdog Millionaire by Danny Boyle of 28 Days Later and Trainspotting fame.  It is fantastic.

billybob476

I just saw American Gangster with Denzel Washington over the weekend. Not new by any means but quite an interesting movie. I enjoyed it.

institches

Fido--a truly heartwarming zombie movie.

Dangelus

Quote from: chevalier_noir on February 03, 2009, 04:43:48 AM
I recently saw Slumdog Millionaire by Danny Boyle of 28 Days Later and Trainspotting fame.  It is fantastic.

Slumdog Millionaire is a very gritty film. Very well filmed. Not usually my 'cup of tea' but I found myself getting really interested in it, the sign of a good film.

sheldor

Quote from: institches on February 04, 2009, 04:47:13 PM
Fido--a truly heartwarming zombie movie.

Rented it a few months ago - ahhh - Carrie-Ann Moss.  :wub

Billy Connely was great in this dark and disturbing comedy.

wraith1701

I recently purchased an HD TV.  Broke it in by watching First Contact last week.  I seem to find something new to love in that film each time I watch it. :)

sheldor

Planning to see Push (Press? Pull? :D) this weekend.

KC

As soon as I finish reading it, I'm determined to watch "Persepolis," which has been recommended to me over and over again.

alanp

institches, I like you picture.  I think they should get Tim Russ to play the president in a movie. 

Is Fido really good?  It's in my queue.

institches

Quote from: AlanP on February 05, 2009, 07:57:18 PM

Is Fido really good?  It's in my queue.

Really, really good. The whole family still talks about it and we saw it about six months ago.