• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Happy Big 50th Birthday RICO!

Started by moyer777, November 07, 2010, 07:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Quote from: MSUFan on November 08, 2010, 06:33:53 AM
Oops I failed and didn't see this thread. Ban me lol.
I think you get special dispensation to make your own thread :)

Rico

Thanks.  I'm young at heart!  Oh, found some celebs who share my birthday.  I always find this interesting:

Other Nov. 8th birthdays:

Gretchen Mol
Michael Nyqvist
Courtney Thorne-Smith
Parker Posey
Tara Reid
Magda Apanowicz
Alfre Woodard
Leif Garrett
Jack Osbourne
Gordon Ramsay
Mary Hart
Bram Stoker
Jeff Speakman
Caroline Ford

http://www.imdb.com/search/name?birth_monthday=11-08

Rico

Quote from: MSUFan on November 08, 2010, 06:33:53 AM
Oops I failed and didn't see this thread. Ban me lol.

Np bud.  Thanks for the birthday wishes.  I have the power to merge the threads!  ;)

billybob476

Quote from: Rico on November 08, 2010, 06:39:20 AM
Thanks.  I'm young at heart!  Oh, found some celebs who share my birthday.  I always find this interesting:

Other Nov. 8th birthdays:

Gretchen Mol
Michael Nyqvist
Courtney Thorne-Smith
Parker Posey
Tara Reid
Magda Apanowicz
Alfre Woodard
Leif Garrett
Jack Osbourne
Gordon Ramsay
Mary Hart
Bram Stoker
Jeff Speakman
Caroline Ford

http://www.imdb.com/search/name?birth_monthday=11-08

Ah, Alfre Woodard. Star Trek connection!

Feathers

Gordon Ramsay? I'm not sure I'd own up to that.

Have a good drive later, I hope you find some good birthday listening for the journey.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Jobydrone

Have an excellent birthday my friend.  Here's to many more happy and healthy ones!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

PaulECoyote

Happy Birthday!  Thank you for keeping me entertained :0)

X

wraith1701

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RICO!!!
  ;D

About three years ago, I had the fortune to stumble onto your podcast and forum-

Quote from: wraith1701 on October 08, 2007, 12:40:42 PM
Hello fellow Trek fans!
I'm a 30-something Sci-Fi fan currently living in Louisville, KY.  I found the podcast while doing a search on "Star Trek podcasts" and must say, I thoroughly enjoy it.  In the process of getting caught up on old episodes, I was overcome by the urge to check out the forums, and here I am. 

While I'm a big fan of MANY different sci-fi shows, Star Trek has always meant something special to me.  Growing up, it was one of the few things both my father and I could enjoy together.  One of my fondest childhood memories is going to see Star Trek IV with him and my younger brother in the theater back in the day...

Anyway; my fandom is probably not too different from other members of the forums... I enjoy the books, esp. Peter David's "New Frontier" series.  I own a few styrene and resin model kits (one of my favorites is a light-up model of the Enterprise-E released by Bandai).  And of course, I enjoy the TV shows and movies, with my favorite series being Next Gen, closely followed by DS9 and TOS. 

I'm awaiting the release of the new film with a curious mixture of cautious optimism and barely contained dread. 

J.J. Abrahms:  Please don't let us down! :smilie_nono:

Since discovering Treks In Sci Fi, I've checked out other sci-fi podcasts and forums; some I still check out every now and then, others I've dropped like a bad habit.  But through the years, while others have come and gone, your podcast and your forum have felt like my Sci-Fi internet Home.  Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU,  for taking the time to create such a cool podcast, and for building such a cool community. 

Wishing you all the best Rico, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  :)

Mrs. Rico

Happy Birthday!  Love you and miss you already!  :happybday :wub

Rico

Quote from: Mrs. Rico on November 08, 2010, 01:59:31 PM
Happy Birthday!  Love you and miss you already!  :happybday :wub

Miss you too!

Bromptonboy

Happy Birthday Brother Rico!  Thanks for your devotion to 'this thing of ours'. 
Pete

sheldor

Everyone now - AWWWWWWWWWWWW... ;)

jedijeff

Happy Birthday Rico, I hope you enjoyed your time at home. Thanks for your continued Dedication to the Podcast.

ElfManDan

:happybday Happy Birthday Rico!!!  :happybday
I'm so glad to have found the podcast and the forum, all this is thanks to you and you do such a great job doing it all. You're the man, and it's your birthday and I hope it's wonderful.