• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Horrible news

Started by Duffster, September 17, 2007, 10:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffster

Robert Jordan has passed away. :'( :'( :'(

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/09/17/obit.jordan.ap/index.html

This really makes me sad. I have read the Wheel of Time books since 1990 and have enjoyed them immensely. I really enjoyed Jordans writing, and will definitely miss his novels. I hope that he had enough of the last books written that someone can do it justice and finish it. IT would be a shame if this fantastic work of fiction was to remain unfinished.

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Jen

Very sad indeed. Hasn't he been sick for a long time?
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Duffster

Yes, he had been diagnosed with a rare blood disease a few years ago. He continued to write what he could, dictate notes, and outline his ideas for the last book, up until he died. I just wish he could have seen this big part of his lifes work finished, before he passed on.

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

I heard about this too.  I also enjoyed the Wheel of Time books.  He will definitely be greatly missed.

Ktrek

The Wheel of Time series is an amazing acomplishment and quite a legacy to leave behind! It's unfortunate that he did not complete his final volume to the series but hoefully Tor will hire someone to carry on and complete the work. May he rest in peace!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

X

Okay, I'm sad. It's ironic that I just finished Dune after a 20 year cliffhanger because of Herbert's passing. He will be missed.

Blackride

I was never a fan of his writing but my thoughts are with the family. The nice thing about books is that they live on for ages and so do their authors.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Dan M

My wife and friends were enjoying the Wheel of Time.  Supposedly, Jordan had completed much of the final book and had shared the ending with his assistant and his wife.