• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Harry Potter Book 7 Discussion - MAJOR SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Geekyfanboy, July 19, 2007, 08:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Duffster

OK, ....... WOW :jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop

I just finished Deathly Hallows and wow, what a good book.  I almost had tears in my eyes a some points, all the deaths, Harry's pain and sadness... phew.

I was very happy that she wrote the epilogue... it was nice to see things after it all ended.

I always have a problem when I reach the end of one of these book series. It is really bitter sweet. I had the same feelings when I was reading the Begariad and the Mallorean books by David Eddings. I spent many years with these characters, waiting for the new books to be released, and relishing every moment of reading the book. It's sad to see them end, but really nice to think back over the memories of reading the books.

Any Bravo JK....Bravo. :thumbsup :thumbsup :cheers :metallica: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow:

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Rico

I read this book during my trip to Taiwan and back.  I was about at the halfway point when I got on the plane to come home yesterday and I couldn't put it down.  This is one of (if not the best) most satisfying conclusions to a book series I have ever read.  I can't say enough about how much I loved and enjoyed every word of it.  And I am so happy I was able to not know what was going to happen before I read it.  The way she pulled it all together at the end was "bloody brilliant" to quote Ron and others.  ;)   I feel sad for those that know what happens ahead of time and don't get to see how it feels first hand to be rooting for all of them as the try to stop "You-Know-Who."  I was leaping out of my plane seat at the last few chapters!  And when certain characters were lost (especially poor, innocent Dobby), my eyes were watering (must of been the dry plane air).

Again, I'm on very little sleep right now and the whole story is still turning over in my head.  I want to open it up and read it all again right now!  I think these books will become like the Oz books from years ago and be read for a long, long time to come.  Thanks JK for giving us such a wonderful and moving story!

----  And the movie is going to be incredible!

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on August 07, 2007, 04:15:40 PM

Again, I'm on very little sleep right now and the whole story is still turning over in my head.  I want to open it up and read it all again right now!  I think these books will become like the Oz books from years ago and be read for a long, long time to come.  Thanks JK for giving us such a wonderful and moving story!

Yeah I'm with you Rico.. I actually got the book on CD already so as soon as I finished reading it I started listening to it on CD.. a bit slower then reading it.. I'm trying to really enjoy it.

Darth Gaos

I know what you mean about spoiling yourself with the story.  I did everything I possibly could to be "unspoiled" for this book because I really wanted to be into the story without knowing what is going to happen next.

I read the book as quickly as I could and still enjoy th e story because until I had the book read I was afraid to even get on the internet let alone visit some the places I normally visit....plus I couldn't listen to a few of my regular podcasts either until I was done.

But it was most definitely worth it.
I think it was Socrates who spoke the immortal words:  I drank WHAT?

Dan M

I just finished the book today.  I listened to 5,6 and 7 over the last month.

I'm sad that it's ended, but it was a great ride!