• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Trek missing from ITUNES

Started by moyer777, March 17, 2007, 11:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyer777

So, Nathan and I were going to download the latest review episode and found that ITUNES has taken Enterprise and TOS off.  Does anyone know why?

:o

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Darkmolerman

"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Rico

Very odd.  Not heard of any reason.  Maybe try YouTube.  LOL!!

Captain BJ Wanlund

I think on TOS, I might have a bit of insight.

Not all of the TOS episodes for S1 were enhanced, so I think that CBS took it off to make sure that ALL the TOS episodes were enhanced before they put it back up.

On Enterprise, I think that people wanted TNG (I know I did!!).  I think that the public outcry on iTunes was so great that they don't really want to put it up until the other 4 series go up.

BJ
Love Star Trek TOS & TNG (never really got into DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise).  Also love Star Wars (everything save for the prequels...), and Indiana Jones, and ElfQuest, basically anything remotely SF or fantasy is my bag, tho I tend more towards SF than I do fantasy.

Rico

Here's an official word from Startrek.com  (even though it doesn't say a lot)...

“Due to technical reasons, Star Trek and Star Trek: Enterprise are temporarily unavailable from the iTunes Store. We will announce any developments as they happen.”

The movies are still up on iTunes.

Captain BJ Wanlund

Love Star Trek TOS & TNG (never really got into DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise).  Also love Star Wars (everything save for the prequels...), and Indiana Jones, and ElfQuest, basically anything remotely SF or fantasy is my bag, tho I tend more towards SF than I do fantasy.

matagin

Will they ever put up Next Generation, DS9, or Voyager on iTunes?