• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 13, 2011, 02:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Saw about six or seven scenes from season 4 during a Clone Wars panel at SDCC. I'll have to see if I can find them online somewhere.. looks like an amazing season.

I also go to meet Dave Filoni, Show runner for Clone Wars.. it was one of the  highlights of this years con for me.

Geekyfanboy

Can't remember if I posted this trailer or not.. but it's pretty epic, so worth posting again.

Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 4 Extended Preview

ChrisMC

Can't wait, looks awesome. This show has been my favorite Star Wars thing in a loooong time.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Chris-El on August 03, 2011, 06:56:24 PM
Can't wait, looks awesome. This show has been my favorite Star Wars thing in a loooong time.

Agreed!  I'm currently debating between SD or HD for this next season.  :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on August 03, 2011, 10:38:26 PM

King

There's a debate? HD baby!

Rico

Kenny, awesome pic of you and Dave.  You guys kind of look like you could be brothers.

ChrisMC

These look awesome on Blu-Ray. Totally worth the buy, the whole family watches them here, even my wife! And she mainly hacks on the prequels (except for R2, because he's the best). George Lucas is sorta like a consultant on this, so it seems like fresh air on that prequel universe having new creative people on it.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: billybob476 on August 04, 2011, 05:36:05 AM
Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on August 03, 2011, 10:38:26 PM

King

There's a debate? HD baby!

Sorry, I should have clarified.  I buy a season pass of the clone wars on iTunes and the past three seasons I bought SD.  Now, the intention was that I would get blu-ray whenever it was released, but now that my funds have dried up for Blu-ray purchases...I'm debating on that.  (I still do not have S1-3 on Blu-ray much to my unhappiness) HD season passes on iTunes are expensiveeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Granted, SD isn't that much cheaper, but its a $20 difference so yeah...

Bah, I'll figure it out. 

King

Geekyfanboy

Wow... Wow.. and Wow..   :jawdrop

Extended trailer for season 4

Looks AMAZING!!! Love that they use Original Star Wars music.. always makes it feel extra special.

Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 4 "Battle Lines" Trailer

Rico

Looks great!  Only less than a month away now too.

Bryancd

Clone Wars is back! Loved last nights premiere although I had to watch it on the crappy CRT TV here in our rental house. Can't wait to see it in HD at home.

Rico

Definitely was a fun episode.  Love the underwater stuff and Jar Jar didn't even bug me too much.  Nice that it was an hour long season premiere too.

Bryancd

Yeah, regarding Jar Jar...

[spoiler]I thought this was a great use of the Gungans, makes perfect sesnse that they could fight well underwater. I thought that was effective and added a lot to their characters I had never considered before.[/spoiler]

M-5

Don't you hate it when soneone in the house turns off the DVR while recording The Clone Wars? :)

KingIsaacLinksr

Is it just me, or is the Clone Wars this season lacking punch?  I mean, the last four episode plot was this:
[spoiler]
Race A has issue with Race B who the Republic sides with. 
Race B fights a desperate battle in order for Race A to come back on their side.
No one dies.  Except a lot of extras.
Lots of ok action scenes. 
Maybe once, the Republic could lose?  Anymore, you know they are going to win at the end of it and the droid army looks like a joke at this point[/spoiler]

I don't know why, but I'm just not enjoying it like I did in the first four seasons....I think maybe its because it feels a little pointless this time around and this plot point has been used a lot of times in the past three seasons.  Its not terrible, its just nothing special.  Maybe its their over-usage of Anakin and Padme and you know they will never die so that probably ruins a lot of it. 

Thoughts?

King