• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 13, 2011, 02:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

This show and I have an odd on and off again relationship and currently, we're taking a break for the last few episodes. Friday night I sit with the kid and we watch cartoons on CN, but this one has fallen off her list and is only called upon when she wants to stay up a little later. She hasn't tried to play that card at all since we watched part one of the Mon Cal episodes. She's calling for late night Iron man adventures instead. Or we pop in the Danger Mouse DVDs ... she loves those.

jedijeff

For all the complaints about the season so far, I feel this episode has really made up for it. I am really excited for this arc, as I think it is going to lay a lot of ground work in terms of the larger story and Star Wars universe. Great battle sequences, but the story under it much deeper.

[spoiler]I really liked the who WW2 feel to this episode, very inspired. It actually reminded me a lot of some of the Band of Brothers episodes. The whole idea of having to secure areas, the importance of missions in the over all battle, and the way the approached a ground battle.
The first half of the episode really showed the compassion that Anakin shows towards the Clones, and how he treats them as men. When Pong Krell took over, the episode and how they approached the mission completely changed. Felt very WW2 like in the Clones had a General leading them, that might not have been very good leader, which put the men in a risky situation that made it hard to complete their mission and heavy casualties as a consequence.
For me, to date, I had got the impression that all the Jedi were compassionate, but Krell definitely does not fit the mold of what I expect a Jedi to be. This episode I feel will really setup for the 501st marching into the Jedi Temple in Revenge of the Sith and taking out the Jedi.
- The way Anakin treats the Clones who servers under him, I sense they have a lot of loyalty to him. He also gets right in there with them during the fighting. Throughtout the series, and in the movies, he has always showed he has a deep concern for their well being.
- The way they were treated by Krell, makes me wonder if it makes it easier for them to march with Anankin and take out the Jedi, after the treatment they might have received from the Jedi through the clone wars, how at times they are not viewed as men, but just as pieces for the war.
- I also wonder if possibly the Clones might take out Krell in a later episode, if he continues to endanger their lives, and leads them on missions that might not be successful and help the overall good. Sort of like seen in some WW2 and other warfare movies, where soldiers have turned on their commanders due to poor leadership and lack of concern for the troops well being.
- When Anakin got sent away, I wonder if Palpatine did this on purpose, so to create some dissension between the Clones and the Jedi. Not knowing how the upcoming Episodes will play out, also wondering if Palpatine is planting a seed in Anakin about the Jedi's ideals and how they might be flawed. I suspect Anakin will return to find his 501st troop in disarray, probably a lot of lost Clones under the leadership of Krell. I am really looking forward to who this plays out. I get the feeling this might be my favorite story arc of the season.[/spoiler]

Bryancd

Quote from: jedijeff on October 30, 2011, 09:22:50 AM
For all the complaints about the season so far, I feel this episode has really made up for it. I am really excited for this arc, as I think it is going to lay a lot of ground work in terms of the larger story and Star Wars universe. Great battle sequences, but the story under it much deeper.

[spoiler]I really liked the who WW2 feel to this episode, very inspired. It actually reminded me a lot of some of the Band of Brothers episodes. The whole idea of having to secure areas, the importance of missions in the over all battle, and the way the approached a ground battle.
The first half of the episode really showed the compassion that Anakin shows towards the Clones, and how he treats them as men. When Pong Krell took over, the episode and how they approached the mission completely changed. Felt very WW2 like in the Clones had a General leading them, that might not have been very good leader, which put the men in a risky situation that made it hard to complete their mission and heavy casualties as a consequence.
For me, to date, I had got the impression that all the Jedi were compassionate, but Krell definitely does not fit the mold of what I expect a Jedi to be. This episode I feel will really setup for the 501st marching into the Jedi Temple in Revenge of the Sith and taking out the Jedi.
- The way Anakin treats the Clones who servers under him, I sense they have a lot of loyalty to him. He also gets right in there with them during the fighting. Throughtout the series, and in the movies, he has always showed he has a deep concern for their well being.
- The way they were treated by Krell, makes me wonder if it makes it easier for them to march with Anankin and take out the Jedi, after the treatment they might have received from the Jedi through the clone wars, how at times they are not viewed as men, but just as pieces for the war.
- I also wonder if possibly the Clones might take out Krell in a later episode, if he continues to endanger their lives, and leads them on missions that might not be successful and help the overall good. Sort of like seen in some WW2 and other warfare movies, where soldiers have turned on their commanders due to poor leadership and lack of concern for the troops well being.
- When Anakin got sent away, I wonder if Palpatine did this on purpose, so to create some dissension between the Clones and the Jedi. Not knowing how the upcoming Episodes will play out, also wondering if Palpatine is planting a seed in Anakin about the Jedi's ideals and how they might be flawed. I suspect Anakin will return to find his 501st troop in disarray, probably a lot of lost Clones under the leadership of Krell. I am really looking forward to who this plays out. I get the feeling this might be my favorite story arc of the season.[/spoiler]

Couldn't agree more, Jeff...

[spoiler]I also was totally feeling the B of B vibe. Really loved it when they dropped the musical score and just let the sounds of battle take center stage. Very visceral and by far this was the loudest CW ever. Reminded me of the Battle of the Bulge episode of B of B's actually. I don't see the Clone's turning on Krell but I do think Krell is being tested and wouldn't be surprised to see the tension come to a head and Krell learning a lesson.[/spoiler]

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Bryancd on October 30, 2011, 09:41:51 AM
Quote from: jedijeff on October 30, 2011, 09:22:50 AM

Couldn't agree more, Jeff...

[spoiler]I also was totally feeling the B of B vibe. Really loved it when they dropped the musical score and just let the sounds of battle take center stage. Very visceral and by far this was the loudest CW ever. Reminded me of the Battle of the Bulge episode of B of B's actually. I don't see the Clone's turning on Krell but I do think Krell is being tested and wouldn't be surprised to see the tension come to a head and Krell learning a lesson.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]This feels like one of the harshest episodes as far as clones dying.  I mean left and right we just had them dying.  Even a few got me, I was surprised by that, considering how very G-rated this series has been.

It was a good episode overall, but all clone-related episodes have been, because you feel like they are at risk.  The new Jedi...bothers me.  It bothers me that he doesn't even view them as living beings, but just numbers.  That doesn't seem very Jedi-like.  But maybe that's because we've only seen Obi-Wan and Anakin's viewpoint on them.[/spoiler]

I liked it and am glad.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

What was also interesting...

[spoiler]They were fighting and killing a sentient living enemy, not just battle droids.[/spoiler]

ori-STUDFARM

Loved this episode. [spoiler]I wasn't too sure about the walkers sprinting and leaping and stamping on people. I think they should have been more mechanical like the AT-ST's in ROTJ. But apart from that, I loved it.

Interesting way to show us that some people are viewing the Clones as tools and not individuals...I wonder how wide spread this opinion actually is?

Also, I am really intrigued to know why the Chancellor has put in a request for Anakin. Is there something totally seperate brewing elsewhere. Or was it his intention to put a colder and less compassionate Jedi Master in charge of Anakin's troops.[/spoiler]

jedijeff

Quote from: Bryancd on October 30, 2011, 10:16:11 AM
What was also interesting...

[spoiler]They were fighting and killing a sentient living enemy, not just battle droids.[/spoiler]

I noticed that as well
[spoiler] I figured that they battle the droids all the time, and at times the droids are a bit comedic and might not have made the episode as heavy given the familiarity and history. I really liked it was a different enemy.[/spoiler]

ori-STUDFARM

Did it seem a bit odd to anyone else that they were

[spoiler] actually invading a planet just for choosing to side with the Seperatists. I think I need to watch the episode intro again to see if I missed something. Seemed weird for the Jedi to be a part of an invading force[/spoiler]

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: ori-STUDFARM on October 30, 2011, 03:50:26 PM

[spoiler] actually invading a planet just for choosing to side with the Seperatists. I think I need to watch the episode intro again to see if I missed something. Seemed weird for the Jedi to be a part of an invading force[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Nope, they were just straight up invading.  For strategic importance.  I wondered about that too, and watched the beginning over. Nobody was needing saved.[/spoiler]

King

Bryancd

Quote from: ori-STUDFARM on October 30, 2011, 03:50:26 PM

Agreed. It did some a bit...aggressive.

Geekyfanboy

Really enjoyed the final episode in this Umbare four part story. Got to see Clones upclose and personal.

KingIsaacLinksr

I've been really enjoying this four-parter.  I'm still not sure how this will end.  :)

King

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on November 18, 2011, 09:42:30 PM
I've been really enjoying this four-parter.  I'm still not sure how this will end.  :)

King

Did you see tonight's.. that's the end of this four parter.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on November 18, 2011, 09:44:18 PM
Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on November 18, 2011, 09:42:30 PM

King

Did you see tonight's.. that's the end of this four parter.

Nope, I've been watching Chuck and Fringe tonight, it will pop up on my iTunes library tomorrow.  I can't wait :)

King

M-5