News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4

Started by Geekyfanboy, April 13, 2011, 02:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Rico

Why do I see another edit of Episode One coming one day that shows Darth Maul being picked up by Sidious and glued back together?  LOL!    :roflmao

Rico

KingIsaacLinksr

It's a good thing I don't listen to the ForceCast anymore, the last thing I need to hear is the debate on this for weeks....

I personally don't care, how many times have characters died and yet not.  >_>

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

Shame, the ForceCast is awesome, IMO.

ori-STUDFARM

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on October 12, 2011, 05:07:29 PM
It's a good thing I don't listen to the ForceCast anymore, the last thing I need to hear is the debate on this for weeks....

I personally don't care, how many times have characters died and yet not.  >_>

King

One of my favourite podcasts there  :) . I love the differing opinions and debates. Although I mmust admit, thier views don't always reflect mine...

Bryancd

I really enjoyed last nights episode and I was skeptical if I would as I wasn't too thrilled with last weeks R2/3PO adventure. This one was a riot of cascading disasters!

ori-STUDFARM

I quite liked last nights episode. It wasn't great, but it was okay. A fun lighthearted episode. Very much aimed at the kids and possibly a tip of the hat to the old Droids series.

....and since when did R2 turn into a car jacker!!?

jedijeff

The past few episodes were not my favorites, but this weeks one moved pretty well. I have to agree with Ori, it did feel very reminiscent of the Droids series with all the misadventures R2 abd C-3P0 would get into.

Rico

I kind of liked the last couple of C-3PO and R2-D2 episodes.  Nice change of pace and not quite as intense as the rest.  One thing that always helps for these is how much hearing Anthony Daniels doing his C-3PO voice makes it feel so much more like Star Wars to me.  Even though I like the other actor voices, I always wished they had been able to get Hayden and some of the others to do the voice acting for this series.

ori-STUDFARM

An internet podcaster I know works for Cartoon Network UK and, as such, gets to work sometimes with Lucasfilm employees. I was talking to him via Facebook where I suggested that, like previous seasons, it's the second half where it really kicks it up a gear or two and he wrote back ...

QuoteI have the whole season map, but basically I can't say anything, there's some real interesting eps coming ......................but your assumption about the second half really kicking off, like previous seasons is fairly astute

I now can't wait for the second half!!

KingIsaacLinksr

I don't know why.  I really.  Really just yawned at the last couple of episodes with the droids.  Misadventures though they might have been, they were inconsequential to the entire storyline and had little impact at all to me.  Way too quirky and young of humor for me to appreciate.  If I had kids, maybe I would have felt better, but this is the first time in the Clone Wars where it just felt like it went into Children territory and as such....it was just dull.  It was also really rushed and the cute, small aliens started to get on my nerves.  Because it was incredibly stereotypical.  In fact, that's my problem.  It was predictable, stereotypical and rushed.  I think we were supposed to laugh, but I just never did because it was just boring. 

I'm sorry to rag on and on about the Clone Wars, but I am incredibly unimpressed with what we have seen so far this season compared to the last three.  I'm beginning to regret throwing a season pass at GL. 

I'm beginning to wonder if I like Star Wars now, because of how negative I've been.  Have I just lost interest in Star Wars?  Am I really alone on this?  :(

King

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Bryancd on October 12, 2011, 07:02:34 PM
Shame, the ForceCast is awesome, IMO.

Sorry for the incredibly late reply, but I used to listen for the longest time to the ForceCast, but somewhere, I just lost all interest.  2 hours and then some to listen to the podcasts started to take its toll on me.  There was some other reason I quit listening, I think it was due to the hosts but its been too long so I can't remember. 

King

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Rico on October 16, 2011, 07:57:44 AM
I kind of liked the last couple of C-3PO and R2-D2 episodes.  Nice change of pace and not quite as intense as the rest.  One thing that always helps for these is how much hearing Anthony Daniels doing his C-3PO voice makes it feel so much more like Star Wars to me.  Even though I like the other actor voices, I always wished they had been able to get Hayden and some of the others to do the voice acting for this series.

I with Rico.. I enjoyed the Droids episode. R2 is my favorite character so that was a plus. Of course they weren't as action packed or really had much to do with the overall story but I didn't care. As I've said before.. even "okay" episode of the Clone Wars is loads better then most other TV shows.