• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Trek Online

Started by Riskygodfather, November 16, 2005, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

I had to turn of dynamic lighting during beta because it was causing massive framerate drops during beta (at least on ATI cards). It would definitely cause me client crashes but no full on reboots. Then again my machine has about 600 fans cooling it so it may very well have been heating up and I didn't notice.

If you ARE running an ATI card try turning off Dynamic Lighting.

Blackride

Yep I have them and I turned it off. No troubles since.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

RickPeete

I have an ATI Radeon X600 on my DELL Desktop.  It is kinda old but works great.  I already had the dynamic lighting turned off.  But I think it is likely the graphics card just got driven too hard and the system shut off to protect the components from damage.

I may be in the market for a new graphics card and perhaps a bigger power supply for the DELL.

The other computer is another story.  It has an NViDIA GeForce 9800 GT card.  Both systems has 6GB of RAM and Dual Core processors of at least 3.2gz.

RickPeete

Arrrggg!! The STO servers went down last night around midnight and they just went down again at 2PM.  Right in the middle of my task force mission with The Doomsday Machine!  Bummer!

But I hooked up with Blackride though which is cool!

RickPeete

Just finished the Doomsday Mission!  So very cool!

Now leveled to Lt. Cmdr Grade 3 and halfway to 4....

Blackride

I am almost Commander. I need about one soild mission to get it.

It was nice meeting RickPeet on line. Now where are the rest of u?
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

NC Dave

Hello all

I'm looking for a few people to enjoy STO with. My in game handle is Aeryn@Roman01 so please add me. Also is there a Treks in SCI-FI fleet?

Blackride

Quote from: NC Dave on February 14, 2010, 01:40:49 PM
Hello all

I'm looking for a few people to enjoy STO with. My in game handle is Aeryn@Roman01 so please add me. Also is there a Treks in SCI-FI fleet?

mine is Dayma@Blackride

RickPeete

Ricardocameron

STOKED!  Just bought my STO pre-order from Gamestop and loading it now.  hope my new emachines e525 laptop can handle it!!   :metallica:
www.GoldenRetrieverErrands.com
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgment." ~Dr. Zefram Cochrane

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." -Arthur C. Clarke

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Ricardocameron on February 16, 2010, 03:59:18 PM
STOKED!  Just bought my STO pre-order from Gamestop and loading it now.  hope my new emachines e525 laptop can handle it!!   :metallica:

Yuck, Emachines?  I won't touch those with a 10 foot pole.  Hope it works for you dude. 

:)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Darkmolerman

Quote from: Kinglinksr on February 16, 2010, 04:16:22 PM

Yuck, Emachines?  I won't touch those with a 10 foot pole.  Hope it works for you dude. 

King

So you would touch it with a 9 foot pole? he-he I do dislike emachines alot  too...
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Darkmolerman on February 16, 2010, 09:11:11 PM
Quote from: Kinglinksr on February 16, 2010, 04:16:22 PM

King

So you would touch it with a 9 foot pole? he-he I do dislike emachines alot  too...

lots of $$ helps =D

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

X

emachines are made by gateway for the past few years. Gateway is a quality company. Having build and owned quite a few computers, eMachines can be a great value for the money.

Jobydrone

People get strangely protective and sometimes even defensive about their hardware purchases.  Bashing someone's choice of computer or console, for whatever reason, is almost like making fun of their kids. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx