• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Trek Online

Started by Riskygodfather, November 16, 2005, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Ktrek

For anyone interested the next issue of Star Trek Magazine is going to be devoted to in-depth coverage of Star Trek Online. It should hit the stands sometime in February.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Blackride

I pre-ordered on Steam. Can't wait.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

I should be starting the Beta next week.

KingIsaacLinksr

I'll be waiting comments from you guys before I think of paying for it.  (Due to lack of funds right now :( )

Interesting vid.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Blackride

Are we going to all try to be on the same server? I think that would be cool personally....
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Rico

Watch this video.  From someone playing the Beta.  Looks pretty fun!

My Weekend In STO

P.S.  I plan on posting my server when I start.

Darkmolerman

I am preordering the collector's from gamestop, I am going to register the key with steam tho, I want the badge but not sure if I will continue playing for awhile so if I go with the digital content. I still want to know how much a month it is
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

Rico

Meds

This looking cool and i have never played any kind of game like this before i am very tempted if IF i can find teh time lol

X

Quote from: Darkmolerman on January 08, 2010, 12:11:01 PM
I am preordering the collector's from gamestop, I am going to register the key with steam tho, I want the badge but not sure if I will continue playing for awhile so if I go with the digital content. I still want to know how much a month it is
I don't think it works like that. You have to buy it from where ever you buy it and you get the perks from that place. I don't think you can register it as something else to get different perks because they wouldn't be seeing the money.

KingIsaacLinksr

What mainly would decide if I would truly go to this game is if the PVP element is balanced.  If they can pull that off well, then I may more than likely go to it. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

VaeVictis1701

Quote from: Blackride on January 08, 2010, 10:04:19 AM
Are we going to all try to be on the same server? I think that would be cool personally....
If I'm not mistaken there is only going to be one server.  I believe the way it works is the area that you are in the game is housed on a physical server and when you move to a different area you data is transferred to that physical server which are all connected.  So there is only going to be one instance of you name appearing in the STO universe.

I think all of us being in the same fleet would be an awesome idea.

billybob476

Ah so it will be Eve style, I do like the one world thing.

Feathers

I'm resisiting even looking at this!

It's years since I've played any sort of computer game like this and the reason I stopped still applies...it's just sooooo adictive.

Still, this is looking very tempting...

Maybe when the kids have grown up :D

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.