• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Trek Online

Started by Riskygodfather, November 16, 2005, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Rico

Wow - now that's a web site.   :joker

Jen

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

X

This is almost totally different from the other version from the information so far.

Blackride

Quote from: Just X on July 30, 2008, 04:32:34 PM
This is almost totally different from the other version from the information so far.

There really isn't that much information though to be honest. It pretty abstract stuff from what I am seeing on the site. What are you seeing that is totally different? I am curious.
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Jen

I think he was just saying that the web site is totally different.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

wraith1701

Not much new info, but the screen caps look pretty decent, and it sounds like the developers have some fairly solid backing on getting the game up and running.  When I first signed up for the initial testing of the game, I was pretty disappointed, but based on what I'm seeing now, I think this game might actually turn out allrignt. 

Blackride

Quote from: Jen on July 30, 2008, 06:55:41 PM
I think he was just saying that the web site is totally different.

Ahh That makes sense. I thought I was going crazy(again)....
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

X

If you read about the game you'll find out that you now start as either a star fleet captain or the captain of a klingon ship.

This was different from the start at the academy and get a ship of the first version.

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Just X on July 31, 2008, 08:29:23 AM
If you read about the game you'll find out that you now start as either a star fleet captain or the captain of a klingon ship.

This was different from the start at the academy and get a ship of the first version.

Yea, I read about that and went....uhh...wait...weren't we supposed to eventually grow into one?  I guess we'll have to see....

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Meds

I've just signed up. yay.

X

Here is what they wrote about the new game:

Become part of Star TrekĀ®: The Star Trek universe will appear for the first time in a massively multiplayer online game. Everything from the elegant domes of Starfleet Academy to the ancient temples of Vulcan, from the towers of Qo'noS to the Fire Caves of Bajor, from the mysterious Mutara Nebula to the unexplored voids of deep space, all will be represented in stunning 3-D graphics. Immerse yourself in the future of the Trek universe as it moves into the 25th century: a time of shifting alliances and new discoveries.

Adventure in the Final Frontier: Explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations in an expanding vast universe. Make contact with alien races, discover resources and uncover mysteries that will change the future of the Star Trek universe.

You Are the Captain: Command your own starship as a Federation Captain or a Klingon Warrior. Outfit it with the systems that you need to make your mark in the galaxy. Customize your ship as you see fit. Recruit, train and mold your crew into an elite force for exploration and combat.

Surface, Shipboard and Deep Space Adventures: Command your vessel in thrilling space battles, or beam down to planets with your away team for face-to-face confrontations. Missions will take you and your friends into space, planetside and even inside starships!

Powered by the Cryptic Engine, Star TrekĀ® Online will be developed for both console and PC formats. With customizable ships and characters from the Klingon Empire and United Federation of Planets, ground, space and shipboard gameplay and unique options for player-generated content set in the Star Trek universe, Star Trek Online is the MMOG that allows you to boldly go where no one has gone before!

KingIsaacLinksr

Hmm.....this sound's more like Eve Online to be honest.  :(  I'm going to give it a 0/10 for "originality".....the original idea sounded a hell of a lot better than this. 

/fail

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jen

I hope that's just a first step in the evolution of this game. To me, the allure of STO  wasn't the prospect of captaining a ship... it was the thought of playing in the world I can only hope will be reality one day. I don't want to be limited to a star ship captain. What if I wanted a character to be a doctor, or a scientist? I hope they continue to add different occupations to the game. It's OK to start off like this, but I hope they expand it...

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

"Online will be developed for both console and PC formats." This is good, as I would finally get some use out of my 360. I could use either my PC or the console, depending on my mood. ;)

"With customizable ships and characters from the Klingon Empire and United Federation of Planets, ground, space and shipboard gameplay and unique options for player-generated content set in the Star Trek universe."
"Player-generated content"  means it's more open to role playing... That sounds more promising to me.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast