• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Trek Online

Started by Riskygodfather, November 16, 2005, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingIsaacLinksr

WOTLK:

1 year. 

Yes, I said it.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jen

If this was a release date, believe me they would be sounding its praises and advertising the HECK out of it. No reputable company would release anything for sale with zero advertising. If the count down has something to do with STO, I'm betting it's an official announcement that they are working on it.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Darkmolerman

Yeah really, Tabula Rasa had no advertisement and how many people know about that?
"He can't act out of a cardboard box"- Rick Moyer

"I know the answer now sometimes the doctor must look at this planet and look at it in shame" -Gwen Cooper

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Jen on July 03, 2008, 06:09:42 PM
If this was a release date, believe me they would be sounding its praises and advertising the HECK out of it. No reputable company would release anything for sale with zero advertising. If the count down has something to do with STO, I'm betting it's an official announcement that they are working on it.

Yea, that's what I was thinking too.  No advertising means no release.  Same thing with Starcraft 2, WOTLK, etc.  When we see more of that, THEN we know its coming soon. 

King

billybob476

Quote from: Rico on June 12, 2008, 06:37:34 AM
Great news!  Looks like the announcement date or whatever the date means is set for July 28th, 2008.  And here is the mysterious image.

To see the countdown clock in action go here:
http://crypticstudios.com/

5 days left on the counter...

Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

billybob476

QuoteStar Trek Online will be "Revealed" on Sunday August 10th at the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention according to a mysterious entry on the Creation Entertainment website!

At 1.30pm on Sunday August 10th, there is a mysterious entry on the Creation Entertainment website that simply says "Star Trek Online Revealed".

While we dont have an information about exactly what is to be revealed, Hailing Frequency will be there in force and on the front row with live audio and video equipment to find out exactly what will be revealed.

Want to find out what exactly is to be revealed? Then be sure to tune in to Hailing Frequency!

http://www.hailingfrequency.co.uk/boards/index.php?topic=901.0

Jen

Hopefully Angela and I can be there to see that! Very exciting.   :cheering
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Blackride

Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Jen

I know it hasn't actually been announced yet, and the game's completion may be some time from now... but does everyone still have an interest in forming a TrekSF Roleplaying Guild? Angela and I have been talking off and on about this since we first found out about STO. We've discussed creating our characters from the TrekSF RPG in the MMO. I think it would be fun to eventually have a ship called "The Arabella".

J
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Blackride

Quote from: Jen on July 27, 2008, 09:09:39 AM
I know it hasn't actually been announced yet, and the game's completion may be some time from now... but does everyone still have an interest in forming a TrekSF Roleplaying Guild? Angela and I have been talking off and on about this since we first found out about STO. We've discussed creating our characters from the TrekSF RPG in the MMO. I think it would be fun to eventually have a ship called "The Arabella". J

I am all for a guild/clan set up. Of course I am not sure how ships are going to work or anything....
Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
Ash: No, we're still collating.
Ripley: [Laughing in disbelief] You're what? You're still collating? I find that hard to believe.

Jen

I'm not either... last I heard, and I'm sure it's changed since then, guilds had their own ships. Again, that could have changed. But it would be nice if it was true.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

I know it hasn't actually been announced yet, and the game's completion may be some time from now... but does everyone still have an interest in forming a TrekSF Roleplaying Guild? Angela and I have been talking off and on about this since we first found out about STO. We've discussed creating our characters from the TrekSF RPG in the MMO. I think it would be fun to eventually have a ship called "The Arabella".

J

We did discuss this before and I'm still up for it.  It would very cool.  I'm interested to see how ST Online works out. 

King

Jen

Quote from: Kinglinksr on July 27, 2008, 09:23:47 AM

J

We did discuss this before and I'm still up for it.  It would very cool.  I'm interested to see how ST Online works out. 

King

Yeah, I brought it up a few years ago when I first joined the forums. It was just a sparkle in Perpetual Entertainment's eye back then. Now it looks like it will actually come to fruition.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Jen on July 27, 2008, 01:44:09 PM
Quote from: Kinglinksr on July 27, 2008, 09:23:47 AM

J

King

Yeah, I brought it up a few years ago when I first joined the forums. It was just a sparkle in Perpetual Entertainment's eye back then. Now it looks like it will actually come to fruition.

The only relief I have now, is that I'm playing an official Star Trek cannon race.  Back then, I was like, "Oh crap, what am I going to play?" lol.

King