• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Out Of Range Podcast by Dangelus

Started by Dangelus, June 22, 2011, 01:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

Well bang on first episode Dan. Nice intro sounds, good mix at the end with the fade in. You sounded clear (do you have a pop filter?) and well paced. Really looking forward to future episodes, old toys is a must and as we're similar age that's going to be awesome. And as for Monkey, consider a comment coming to you at the weekend.

Remember to get a promo out to us all here in podcast land and I'll put it in the next Waffle.

Dangelus

Quote from: billybob476 on June 29, 2011, 03:41:48 PM
Added to Instacast without issue.

Wow awesome! It's searchable on iTunes too now already!

Dangelus

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on June 29, 2011, 04:06:16 PM
Well bang on first episode Dan. Nice intro sounds, good mix at the end with the fade in. You sounded clear (do you have a pop filter?) and well paced. Really looking forward to future episodes, old toys is a must and as we're similar age that's going to be awesome. And as for Monkey, consider a comment coming to you at the weekend.

Remember to get a promo out to us all here in podcast land and I'll put it in the next Waffle.

Ta for the feedback! I'm shocked how nice my mic came out, its just a standard USB headset, no pop filter. There's a little post processing involved to get rid of noise (I love Audacity!) but that's it.

Glad you like where im going with it. As I said, got a few ideas around toys / TV from my childhood and I'm really buzzed about it! :)

I'll get a promo done (and I'll collect a few for the show) after I've done "Monkey!" I think, then they'll have something to listen to if they subscribe lol.

Looking forward to hearing your comments. :)

Geekyfanboy

Just listen to your premier episode. The audio quality is great.. looking forward to future podcasts. Never heard of Monkey.. looking forward to your next episode.

moyer777

I subscribed and listened.  AND I LOVE your music.  NICE!  Good Job Dan!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

KingIsaacLinksr

Oh forgot to mention, the music was very cool.  :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on June 29, 2011, 06:34:33 PM
Just listen to your premier episode. The audio quality is great.. looking forward to future podcasts. Never heard of Monkey.. looking forward to your next episode.

Thanks Kenny! I hope I can do it justice. :)

Dangelus

Quote from: moyer777 on June 29, 2011, 08:32:21 PM

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on June 29, 2011, 10:09:37 PM

King

Thanks guys. All done by the magic of GarageBand, no talent needed whatsoever! ;)

stonut

Added it to my itunes account, so i should get automatic updates. You can certainly cover a lot of ground with anything Geeky. That should bring it to a wode audience. good luck for the future.
I may soon be the only one that just listens lol.

Feathers

Listened yesterday.

It came across as very natural and well paced and of surprising audio quality (if that was just a headset mic). On that note, I might dare to say that I have heard other podcasts with a slightly better sound but the difference isn't significant enough to need any further action on your part (i.e. don't bother buying another mic!)

The general mix of content sounds interesting and while I probably don't need another podcast right now (time pressure!), I'm subscribing anyway :)

Actually, your voice is quite relaxing for some reason so I suspect that this will be an enjoyable listen.

Quote from: stonut on June 30, 2011, 03:54:58 AM
I may soon be the only one that just listens lol.

No, I'm still here!

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Dangelus

Cheers Mike.

As for the voice, don't forget I'm the Colin Firth of the forum! ;)

QuadShot

Quote from: Dangelus on June 29, 2011, 10:39:18 PM
Quote from: moyer777 on June 29, 2011, 08:32:21 PM

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on June 29, 2011, 10:09:37 PM

King

Thanks guys. All done by the magic of GarageBand, no talent needed whatsoever! ;)

Oh that's not true Dan. I have GarageBand as well, have NO musical talent and can't make my stuff sound THAT good! :)

billybob476

Looking forward to my MacBook Pro so I can get in and fiddle with garageband myself :)

stonut

On the relaxing voice bit Mr Firth, try not to be too relaxing i work shifts!

Dangelus

Quote from: stonut on July 02, 2011, 05:53:33 AM
On the relaxing voice bit Mr Firth, try not to be too relaxing i work shifts!

Lol!!