• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

HELP ME TWEAK YOUR POSTS

Started by Jen, October 06, 2007, 05:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Hi folks. The new forums are faster and more stream lined but there's just a few little kinks to work out. One such kink involves your RPG posts. There are extra characters in the posts that were written first in Microsoft Word. Any place theres a " or ' or — or ... you may notice ±#? things like that stuck in between. When you have the time, please check your posts for these anomalies.  ;D Yes! I got to use the word ANOMALY! So cool. Anyway, that would help a lot. If you can also check previous Seasons as well as your character profiles that would be cool, but not something you have to do within all at once. Just when you have the time.  ;)

Thanks!
J
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

It seems this has happened whether you used Word or not...I just noticed a post where I simply used a — between two words. The anomaly occurred there as well. I think this is a "copy" issue. It happens a lot when people copy text from the internet and paste it into emails. Apparently it happens when you copy forums too.  :D

Please check your posts in the RPG Seasons as well as your profile for this issue. It's hard to read when you have a bunch of extra characters hanging out in the post.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Yeah, it's an error with the transfer.  One easy way to fix your posts would be to basically have the old forum up in one window and copy paste that old text into your post here (obviously edit your post, delete the text, and then paste in from the old forum).  Just an idea.  Sorry but it was either a few weird characters or we would be starting the whole forum over.  Anyway, correct what and when you can.

Jen

Hey, no problem. The new forum is faster...that's worth the extra characters. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

I just type it in Word then retype online.  Sad part is is that I'll edit the story so much that if IE/computer crashes...then I just lost all the work.  Rather annoying and silly of me :) ;0

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

PepperDude

Yes, the posts are hard to read with all those funny characters. I'll fix my posts from previous seasons soon.

Geekyfanboy

Okay so I went to the old forums and copied and pasted all RPG posts into a word document. Over 350 pages of awesome rpg writing. Now the fun part.. I will be going through all of the RPG Seasons and those that have weird symbols or crazy letters I will cut and paste the original over the funky one. It may take me a while but I figure alot of us don't have the time to tweak all our our posts and it is very difficult to go back and read those funky posts. If you already modified your posts thanks.. if not I'll take care of it in the next few days.

thanks,
Kenny

Jen

Hey we can share that task...you don't have to do it by yourself. Its a big job. :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

KingIsaacLinksr

Yea, I was going to get to it this weekend.  Just a busy week for me thats all. :)

King Linksr
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

3 Ducks in a Man Costume

Speaking of tweaking people's posts--when posting in the actual story, people need to remember to use my Vulcan cover name, Remore Farock, when referring to my character.

X

One thing that might help, and this is only a suggestion. When you write your posts, you should, if refering to your character by name, use his cover name. By posting under your name, we understand who the post is about, but by refering to him as his true name causes others to do the same when they shouldn't know it.

Jen

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's more likely people will see your post if you start another thread in the OOC section. In their defense, his alias isn't much different from his actual name and it may be a bit confusing. If he's a Vulcan...maybe you should just drop one name. They typically only have one name anyway.  :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Geekyfanboy

Well I have fixed the first seven pages of Season One. I hope to finish Season One today (it's the longest season with 13 pages). The other seasons are half that.. It's going faster then I thought with the cutting and pasting.

X