• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Anomaly Podcast

Started by Darth Gaos, April 22, 2008, 11:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

Watching The Two Towers after listening to Jen and Angelas brilliant podcast on it. Excellent podcast and onto a excellent film. :D

Geekyfanboy

Loved their latest podcast.. one of the best produced... great topic, fun discussion.

Meds

I agree Kenny, after i listened to it at work i couldnt get the thought of beards and swords out of my head. :D

Jen

Anomaly Supplemental was hosted by Sarah in the latest installment. She covered the first season of Babylon 5... she is a huge DS9 fan and had never seen B5. Hear her thoughts on the show on our site or at iTunes. http://www.anomalypodcast.com/shownotes/anomaly-supplemental-on-babylon-5-and-ds9/

Also in the feed is a special announcement regarding our big switch to Libsyn and AN Hosting. We're moving everything over in a week due to the fact our old hosting company is closing its doors...geez and we just moved to a new server there, now we have to do it all over again. Jedi Jeff, our new unofficial "Web Master", is on the case. Notice I used a capital "M"... he is a Jedi Master after all. Logic would dictate that he is more than qualified to use the Force on our feed. We are expecting zero issues this time. Our last web person made a few errors that Jeff had to fix. She's not allowed to touch the site or the feed anymore, LOL. No. That person was not me or Angela.  Anyway, he's using a redirect code to send all our subscribers to the correct address when downloading episodes. If for some reason something doesn't work right for you, don't talk about it here...email us or just resubscribe. It should be all better after that. Please be aware that we will be starting fresh in this feed. The latest Anomaly Supplemental and Anomaly will be there and then we'll begin adding new episodes. We'll upload older shows to the feed from time to time, if they're relevant to a current episode, but the majority of past shows will all be available for download at our web site in an archive. There are too many to upload at once. Libsyn limits us to 400 MB a month, which is ordinarily PLENTY of space for what we do. Just can't upload everything in one sitting. Libsyn also offers us the opportunity to sell Smart Phone apps for our podcast. We'll be offering those soon too.

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Ahk. I hate typos! Don't look so quickly...I wasn't finished modifying my post! ;)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

stansnig

In the middle of the Two Towers podcast.  Great stuff.  Excellent song by Rick Moyer, as always!  When's the Return of the King 'cast?  I love that film.

I went from having a fluid top 10 films to watching the fellowship, became #1 Fave film, then after the next two i have my top 3 fave films.  Awesome stuff.
stansnig

Jen

Quote from: stansnig on September 19, 2011, 12:37:20 PM
In the middle of the Two Towers podcast.  Great stuff.  Excellent song by Rick Moyer, as always!  When's the Return of the King 'cast?  I love that film.

I went from having a fluid top 10 films to watching the fellowship, became #1 Fave film, then after the next two i have my top 3 fave films.  Awesome stuff.

Thanks. :) We actually do series reviews like this once a year. Last year we did Fellowship. Next year we'll do The Return of The King. I'm glad you like it. If you want to see more like it, we have a new episode archive on our web site. You can download "Fellowship of The Ring" there: http://www.anomalypodcast.com/archived-episodes/ :)
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Jen

Women of Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Fandom Part 1 and 2

In these special two-part Anomaly podcast episodes, Jen and Angela (the hosts of Anomaly) are joined over Skype by Sue, Kasey and Anne (the hosts of Anomaly Supplemental). Also on this call was a special guest: "Bethany" from The Star Wars Report. The hosts range in age from thirty-seven to twenty-one and their life experiences have shaped their opinions, which are all slightly different. The discussion pertained to how they believe females are treated in Sci-Fi, Fantasy and fandom. Are they objectified, elevated or both? Which writers and/or creators do the best job at writing female characters? Who fails completely? The results of the Women of Sci-Fi Survey that was distributed via Twitter, Facebook and the Newsletter reveal exactly what our listeners and staff thought with regards to this topic. The topic of female fans and how they may or may not perpetuate stereotypes is also debated. The conversation then lead to how female writers in Hollywood are faring and how web series like Felicia Day's The Guild are offering opportunities that are denied to some women through conventional media. Also included: Joss Whedon's Equality Now speech (at the end of part 2). The tone of the episode is fun, respectful, fair and smart. We think men and women alike, regardless of age, will find the conversation enlightening.

The two parter will be followed by six episodes that include interviews with: Jessica Mills (creator/writer/actor: Awkward Embraces), Carrie Goldman (Katie the Star Wars girl's mom), Teal Sherer (Venom from the Guild), Marian Call (Geek singer), Mur Lafferty (writer and podcaster) and Mignon Fogarty (Grammar Girl). Look for those interviews to enter the feed soon.

If you like what we do here, please consider one or all of the following: comment below, send us an email, write us a review (iTunes, blog/forum post, etc), donate a few dollars. You are very much appreciated. Thank you for listening! http://www.anomalypodcast.com girlygeekz@gmail.com @AnomalyPodcast http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anomaly-Podcast/125227454155477
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Dangelus

Wow you've been busy! Looking forward to listening! :)

Meds

Brilliant episodes i really enjoyed these and plan on listening again as there is so much imput and great points of view.

turtlesrock

sweet icon! very mystical.

moyer777

I am so blown away by this two parter.  It was soooo good.  I'm very impressed and found myself going back to listen to it again.  Great information and perspective.  GIRL POWER!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

I did the same i listened to both parts and the next day i listened again. The Dr Who cpmpanion conversation in part one was particular interest to me. Great shows.

Jen

Howdy gents and the occasional Anomaly. Our interview with Carrie Goldman (the mother of Katie the Star Wars Girl) is now up. Sue hosted that installment. Yeah Sue! Thanks buddy. Show notes for this episode are located here: http://www.anomalypodcast.com/anomaly-carrie-goldman-interview

New interviews are coming up: Jessica Mills, Mur Lafferty, Teal Sherer, Marian Call and Mignon Fogarty.

NOTE. For those who have sent me nice messages letting me know our listing in the iTunes Store is not working, yep...we know...it has yet to be updated. Jeff and I are frustrated by that. Jeff added the correct tags to our XML to point iTunes to the updated information. Right now our iTunes listing is still using our old address. The problem is that the iTunes Store does not update listings as soon as they've been changed. And the "ping" feature the store use to have has been removed by Apple.  The iTunes Store acts as a directory, much like a phone book. Adding your listing in that "podcast phone book" is like sending your business information to the Yellow Pages. If you then decide to change your phone number, after the phonebook has gone to print, you have to wait until the following year before it is updated when the book is reprinted.  Luckily iTunes doesn't take that long to update descriptions, logos and episode files, but because there are literally thousands of podcasts in the iTunes store, Apple can only check for updates (by pinging a feed address) every now and then. We are SUPER lucky in that it's taking longer than usual to do that for Anomaly (note that was sarcasm). All online sources say that it could take up to 2 weeks for a listing on the iTunes store to be updated. It's been about a week and 2-3 days since we added the iTunes redirect tags to the XML. Yeah us? BOOO iTunes!  If you've been subscribed to Anomaly all along, you should be redirected to the new address automatically. All our current subscribers have been downloading episodes and listening to them. For those of you asking why you can't subscribe to the feed via iTunes...the above reason is  the long and short of it. :) My follow up question to you would be: WHAT? You're not subscribed???! And then I'd start to cry, which would make you feel bad... then we'd hug it out and in the end you'd subscribe to Anomaly using this address, which is also available on our web site, by selecting any podcatcher you so desire (including iTunes). :) ;) 

http://feeds.feedburner.com/libsyn/npdO

Peace and long life,
Jen

AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Hey Jen, did you change hosts?  Is that why your feed had to get changed?