• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Almost finished Enterprise Season 2

Started by Danieru_x, January 11, 2011, 05:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danieru_x

Just finished season 2! Onto the third! What a great last episode with the borg's. Scary stuff.

Feathers

I think the 'forced' look of the secondary hull is part of the attraction for me. Here's a ship that was never designed to this specification yet grew to fulfil it out of necessity rather than anything else. That design then went forward to become standard on future ships of similar classes. How the 'classic Starfleet' look was born...

(I'm sure all of the above is utter drivel but it justifies the whole design to my mind and I hink would have made a cool intro to another season of Enterprise.)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Roddenberry

Didn't really want to start a new topic, but I've just gotten around to season 2 of Enterprise, never really caught it the first time around in the UK, due to many different events but I had enjoyed what I had seen.  Found it a bit patchy so far, not quite as good as season one, which doesn't make it bad TV.  The first disc of the season 2 box set is really good TV, disc 2 was OK, but I fell asleep, two times each, whilst trying to watch both Marauders & The Seventh on consecutive nights. 

It's heartening to hear that seasons 3 & 4 are better and I will get around to them sooner or later, as I watch my box sets, the only way I consume TV apart from live sport, in an entirely random way.

I must also say I like the whole ensemble, though Travis & Sato are criminally under used.  I also had a hard time with Reed, but he has grown on me, but the real reason I had a problem with him was I couldn't get his character, Tony from 'Desmond's', a late 80's, early 90's Channel 4 comedy out of my head.

Roddenberry

Well it went out with a bang, even if it wasn't great all season.  Not as much fun as season 1, but I hear three and four are excellent.  Just watching the extras now.  All in all, I'm sorry I didn't make time for this as it aired and Phlox makes it very hard to rank the Trek doctors, as both the McCoys (Kelly & Urban) are great, I like Pulaski's one season and Crusher and Bashir, although slow burners, grew on me and became much better characters, although less so with Beverly and where to you start with the great Robert Picardo.   I could rank them one day and change my mind the next.

Off to my random generator to see what's next.