• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Armageddon Criterion Collection

Started by X, August 10, 2012, 01:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Okay, in years past, I would toss this movie in once a year and watch. In a move a few years ago, I lost my copy and wanted to get it again on Blu-ray. Unfortunately, the movie has never become available. So, a few days ago after watch the dvd on tv edited version on FX, I order the movie. I watched it again today and I have to say that this version of the movie is fantastic.

There is a bit of additional footage that really puts more heart into the movie and I have to say that it's also the best damn movie that Michael Bay has ever directed. Even years later, I still tear up when certain scenes come on and the additional footage makes the story that much more powerful. Armageddon has always been a popcorn explosion flick, but this cut really puts heart and character into the movie. It tells the story of a father and the sacrifices he will make for his child and that still touches me.

If you have not seen this movie, I recommend that you watch it. Perhaps, you watch it by yourself the first time because I'm not sure there won't be tears. After that, watch it again and share it with someone you love. I've never thought of Bay as a great director, but he really captured magic with this cut and it really makes the movie much more than it was.

So, for those of you that have seen it, what are your takes on it? For those of you that like the theatrical release, I suggest that you drop the 17 bucks on Amazon and give it a go. You won't be sorry for this summer blockbuster with both action and heart.

ChrisMC

I've always been a big fan of this movie. It's Michael Bay done right, the patriotism, melodrama, special effects and fun humor. I admit that I've rolled a tear to that movie. I get caught up in it. I would love to have it on BluRay.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

QuadShot

Agreed Chris. This is one of the most trashed movies by critics and actual scientists for it's unrealism, but I think it's FUN, it's full of ACTION and ROCKS (pun intended!)

WillEagle

I enjoyed this movie and I would like this and 'Deep Impact' for my personal collection.