• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

The Avengers - Live Action Movie

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 18, 2007, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meds

I'm seeing it this Thursday (26th) got my ticket today :)

Jobydrone

How are you seeing it a week early?

Edit:  n/m I see UK Release date a week earlier than USA. JEALOUS!!!
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Meds

Yeah we get it a week early, bar previews last week we've got opening slot. :)

Rico

IMAX/Midnight poster.

Meds

I just watched Thor for the first time in preparation for tomorrows Avengers screening. Glad I did now as I really like the links from all the films to the big pay off. :D  Will post up a spoiler free review when I get back.

Bryancd

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on April 25, 2012, 03:46:08 PM
I just watched Thor for the first time in preparation for tomorrows Avengers screening. Glad I did now as I really like the links from all the films to the big pay off. :D  Will post up a spoiler free review when I get back.

That's so funny, I am going to watch Thor tonight on iTunes!

Crap, denied! Thor isn't on iTunes. Oh well, I'll have to wait for Netflix.

billybob476

I watched Thor 2 weeks ago on iTunes, great movie!

Jobydrone

Have fun tonight Meds!  Can't wait to hear your review...I've been dodging early reviews for fear of spoilers.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bryancd on April 25, 2012, 03:50:40 PM
Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on April 25, 2012, 03:46:08 PM

That's so funny, I am going to watch Thor tonight on iTunes!

Crap, denied! Thor isn't on iTunes. Oh well, I'll have to wait for Netflix.
This might warrant a trip to Blockbuster if you're planning on seeing the Avengers.  From what I've heard it really helps to know what happens in Thor before seeing Avengers.  Plus it's awesome.

billybob476

Wait, you guys still have Blockbuster?

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on April 26, 2012, 06:55:42 AM
Wait, you guys still have Blockbuster?

The one in my town closed a few months ago.

Jobydrone

well Redbox it or something...it's worth it

Meds

Just come back from The Avengers. Spoiler free report below, ive put it in a spoiler tag just in case no one wants to read anything.

[spoiler] Ok so spoiler free, the film is bloody fantastic. Joss pulls it off with witty banter, great action direction and beautifully shot (for a action film). My main concern was too many characters in one film but you can tell they all leave their egos at the door and let each other have a turn. One of many plus points is they nail The Hulk, his colour is great, he looks like Banner and he has the comic book feel. There is a bit of slight confusion going on from the end of Thor to the start of this but that could be just me. There are some nice connections to all the other films. Cap America is nicely up front, Tony Stark amazingly witty (RDJ on top form), Thor pretty cool if not a bit in the background, Hawkeye & Blackwidow very well used (love Scarlett) & The Hulk is bang on. Banner I would say is perfect, slightly nervous with his control but boy he says an amazing line leading to the climax.
All in all a fantastic film that I think you will all love.        [/spoiler]

bevs_plaything

I saw the movie at lunch time today, and the screening was packed; much more than I would normally expect at that time on a Sunday! 

I LOVED the movie, and it's probably now my favourite Marvel Superhero flick!! 

Don't miss the scene in the middle of the end credits!!!!

Poodyglitz

You lucky ducks, getting to see the movie!