• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Podcast # 129 up and available

Started by Rico, July 08, 2007, 10:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Just finished uploading Podcast #129.  It's all about the sixth Star Trek movie.  Hope you all enjoy it!   :metallica:

Link....

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://www.treksf.com/podcast/TREKSF.COM_129_ST6.mp3

Fanboy

"I aim to misbehave."

Bryancd

Great show! Just a couple of quick notes.
When Valeris said to Kirk, "I have always wanted to do that." She was refering to leaving space doack at 1/4 impulse power, just making it through the slowly opening space doors.
I never put together that Valeris recorded Kirk while standing in the door but that makes perfect sense!

Rico

Yeah, someone else mentioned that the comment was about going faster through the dock doors.  I guess I just would think people would train for that for emergencies and such.

Bryancd

LOL!!!! You are such a scientist! Very analytical! No, what we mean is not that would be something you train for, it's against the rules and that's why Kirk does it. Valeris is acknowleding her respect for Kirk's bravado. It's like if you see someone doing something wrong but that looks like fun and you say to yourself, "gee, I've always wanted to do that" but don't because you play be the rules.

Oh, I remember one other comment I wanted to make: the moving while being transported thing. Obviously in TMP during the transporter accident we see the two victims writhing in the beam and even crying out. Nick Meyers carried that forward in TWOK, especially when they are beaming up from the Genesis cave, Saavik and Kirk are actually carrying on a conversation. I don't recal weather or not that was done in III, IV, or V, but Meyer seems to like the effect and brought it back.
I found some great trivia on this movie over at IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102975/trivia

Rico

Yeah - I loved how they played with what could happen during transport in those little scenes like that.  Like General Chang in ST 6 is turning his head while beaming to the Enterprise.  And the conversation in Trek 2 like you said.  It's the little stuff like that for me that makes the movie special.

moyer777

Just got back from my walk.  It's a beautiful 80 degree day today!  I listened to the podcast and want to thank you again for a great tribute to Star Trek 6, the Undiscovered Country!  AWESOME!

It sure is one of the best movies they did.   :vulcan

Bryan beat me to the comment from Valeris and the piloting out of spacedock.  I always found that comment funny and sarcastic from Kirk.  Good stuff.

Oh, and Sulu did beam down for the end. He stopped admiral Cartwright from slipping off during the fall of Col West from the ceiling. Sulu joined the cast at the front of the room. 

Thanks again for letting Nathan and I contribute to it.  It is a lot of fun, and we enjoy working on the review together.  We are very excited for Relics as it is one of our very most favorite TNG episodes!

Thanks again Rico.

Rick M

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

I think the comment I meant to say about Sulu was at the very end on the bridge of the Enterprise he wasn't there of course since he was on the Excelsior.  But yes, he did beam down with some security and stopped Cartwright, etc. before the final send off scene.

Poodyglitz

Quote from: Bryancd on July 09, 2007, 01:41:24 PM
Great show! Just a couple of quick notes.
When Valeris said to Kirk, "I have always wanted to do that." She was refering to leaving space doack at 1/4 impulse power, just making it through the slowly opening space doors.

Could her comment also have referred to the fact that she was piloting for Kirk? She did mention how it was an honor serving under him.

hughnme

Another great podcast,listening to bits of the movie felt like remembering an old girlfriend(without the guilty bits)
What I mean is I forgot how much I enjoyed watching the film, I think its time to dust of the collection and have a marathon at Hughie’s place !
Keep up the good work sir
Marty McFly: Silence Earthling! My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan!