• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Netflix to stream ALL Trek TV

Started by Rico, April 08, 2011, 03:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Starting this coming July, Netlfix will begin to have every Trek episode, from every series up for instant streaming!  How cool is that going to be?!

Read more on this here:
http://trekmovie.com/2011/04/06/netflix-update-all-star-trek-series-to-begin-streaming-in-july/

Bryancd

Bromptonboy

So much for canceling Netflix.....gotta hold on now.
Pete

Bryancd

I am so down for re-watching all of DS9.

sheldor

I told Carol.  Her response "Oh joy" in a rather sarcastic tone :)

Rico

You know the funny thing about all this.  Many, many years ago when I would go to sleep playing audio recordings of the original Trek series, (yes before even video tapes), I used to sort of dream about having a little magic TV by my bed that I could turn on and have it play any episode of "Star Trek" I felt like watching.  And now today, I can do just that.  Isn't the future wonderful?!  Now, where are my flying cars??  ;)

moyer777

This is great news.  I love it.  I too want to re-watch DS9.  EXCELLENT!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

KingIsaacLinksr

Hmm, that means I need to stop having Voyager DVDs sent to me.  Sweet :)

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Pyrovile

How sweet it is!  I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated it made me that I couldn't watch Trek on demand on my Netflix account.  I'm too lazy to mess with having the DVD's sent to me so I just don't bother.  Now I can finally watch DS9 from start to finish.
Reavers!

turtlesrock

YES YES YES!!!!
i was thinking of starting up just so that i could watch star trek movies by mail now and then, now that there's gonna be instant episodes i just can't wait!

Bromptonboy

Yeah - DS9 is the one series I have spotty knowledge of - so I will try to watch them in order via Netflix.
Pete

Duffster

I saw this original announcement in Feb and they said early April so I have been really looking forward to this. Of course now I have to wait until July, but that's ok. I am really happy they are doing this.

I guess for now I will have to be happy watching the Twilight Zone seasons they have already put up.  :laugh:

I love Netflix!!!!
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Pyrovile

I posted this to my facebook and now my wife is horrified.
Reavers!

Dangelus

Quote from: Feathers on April 09, 2011, 09:52:30 AM
Lucky you lot...

Netflix is great. Setting it up from the UK is not difficult at all. PAYING for it is. I managed to get the free trial to work and loved it. When it came to paying for it they didn't like my UK paypal address :(

I could set up another account and another free trial but I don't want to defraud the company, I want to pay for it! :)

I hope they cone over here soon.